Richard
Years ago

Backboard Mounting Bracket

Wonderignif anyone out there can help me with advise on where I can purchase a backboard mounting bracket for my sons new backboard and Ring.

I bought a Spalding backboard and ring from rebel over the weekend and in the store they had it mounted to a wall with an excellent bracket that brought it off the wall by 20cm or so and was a solid steel plate kind of construction. I bought the baord thinking the bracket was included as it woudl have fitted perfectly to my carport eaves, however when I got it home and unpacked it i then realised that this was not included. Took the trip back to rebel and was told that they have no idea where that bracket came from and may have been custom made and sold me the Spalding Universal mounting bracket which I tried to use but it didn't suit, unless I want to fix the baord to low or too high.

Anyone know of any other suppliers of domestic mounting brackets or companies who can make one to order cost effectively?

Topic #27704 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

just go to a local engineering firm and see if one of their guys might weld something up when they are quiet. I had a whole frame and support made doing this years ago and was far more robust than anything available in a store and is prob still up (I moved out years ago)

Reply #352826 | Report this post

Years ago

yes - do a diagram with measurements and tell them what it is for (weight / activities) and a local engineering firm would make that no worries.

there is a mob opposite villis in manchester st at mile end that make the back boards - ? they may have brackets ?

Reply #352850 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

Id make it myself, but it depends on if you have the tools i.e. mig welder, drop saw etc. where abouts you located? if your down south, id go to CDS Tooling at Lonsdale, those guys are good at doing one off things no matter how small. they also have 4 axis CNC mill, some pretty cool stuff if your the mechanical engineering type.

Reply #352921 | Report this post

Richard  
Years ago

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions and appologies for my awful typo's in the original post.

I just punched it out without proof reading. Obviously not as good a touch typer as I thought.

I am actually in Melbourne so the SA options are good but perhaps a little expensive when you add travel costs.

Im still a little perplexed that there isn't a prefab option out there other than the crap Universal mount from Spalding. Thinking I should have jsut gone with the freestanding unit. Too late now I guess

Reply #353137 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:07 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754