Forcey
Years ago

Are the 36ers really on a roll?

Obviously the schedule has been softer but thought it would be interesting to see what the numbers tell us over the last 4 games. Some interesting stuff.

http://www.36reasons.net/2012/03/are-36ers-really-on-roll.html

Based on this, do you think we should make any other roster/rotation changes over the rest of the season?

Topic #27707 | Report this topic

anon  
Years ago

lets face it who and l repeat who have the 6ers beaten over the last 4 games teams that are in more strife than a one legged man in an bum kicking contest. Every game has been nothing more than the team with less stuff ups won as far as a fan entertainment it has FAILED big times .even then the 6ers tried very hard to lose and only hung on by the short and curly so dont make rash statments about how good we are going compared to the big boys we are only in a very very minor league a lot more has to happen before we can even look at being in the big league

Reply #352849 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

the roll will stop in the next two games we have breakers and gold coast in next two weeks.Great if we can get a home win .

Reply #352852 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Nope simply played teams with similar internal turmoil. Very defcient team in several key areas. Massive moves to be made this off season, hope the SOS can pull a rabbit out of the hat!

Reply #352855 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Our first 2 games in a row under the magnificent Clark and you are talking about being on a roll?!

I know Isaac will disagree, but unless Clark goes, we can look forward to continued pain at the bottom end of the ladder again next year.

Reply #352857 | Report this post

WTF4  
Years ago

And having the two vets out of the team has nothing to do with it.
We have a 10 Point 150K plus player missing for most of the season. That is a big hole for any team!
We have the back up vet point missing for the last 1/3

I think the team is showing some guts at the moment, under Ninus they would have layed down by now

What is Gleesons and Mcleods excuse?

Reply #352859 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

WTF4 no excuse just mcpeake and no money but both big hearts . any other excuse for 6ers ? or just bad?

Reply #352861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson: They turned to shit once Patty Mills left.

McLeod: Even less of a budget to work with than the 36ers.

Next season, Keep: Balls, DJ, Crossy, Weigh, Ng, Helliwell

Gone: Warren, Simpson, Herbert, Creek, Bartlett.

Reply #352862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In follow up I should add Marty Clarke needs to be the first one up against the wall at the end of the season (should've been sacked mid-season).

Reply #352863 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Have you got your keep and gone in the wrong order? Surely you must have erred or you are joking?

Reply #352864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wasn't joking, I think we can upgrade on Warren and Simpson's of no use next season if a healthy Balls comes back.

Reply #352868 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I also wouldn't keep either import to be honest.

Spinner, you might've missed me previously saying that I would shift Marty on or demote him next season. Not sure why you're singling me out in your comment?

Reply #352870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with Spinner.

ditch DJ, Crossy, Weigh,

keep Herbert, Creek, Bartlett.

Reply #352871 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

simpson is decent if fit and gets the looks he needs but your right johnson, balls and helliwell should cover it next year.

Warren need to go and as ive said before get a pass first guard and the team will look a lot lot lot better. the structure is there they just need someone to drive and dish to the open man. Warren does not do that.

Get a decent import SG and PG (or decent aussies)and we will be set. Wouldnt mind seeing an all aussie team. Have Crosswell backing up the import PG that plays 30+ mins. Weigh playing the SF with creek and herbie backing both sg and sf positions.

Weigh is Ok but just tried a bit too hard and needs a guard to get him into decent positions as cant create his own shot very well.

good to see some wins at the Powerhouse i mean whatever the stadium is called now.

Reply #352873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I personally don't rate Weigh but given he has an option for next season which no doubt he will pick up as his stock would be lower now, he'll be back whether we like it or not as will Crosswell who is the only player under contract for next season.

Reply #352880 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Balls has proved he has never been a winner. Kepp him, but do not get suckered in to paying him too much money, he simply is NOT worth the $$. And before these 2 vets went down, we were shocking, id totally agree and give Clarke a hall pass IF the team had been solid to that point. They were, and since have not been.

Reply #352881 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

l love no brainers likeKobe 24 this guy makes comments like balls not a winner excuse me in what life time did you win 5 club mvp .the only thing you think you can win at is talking crap and by the way DON'T insult the great kobe name with stupid comments.fully fit balls is one of the best players in the nbl fact .

Reply #352890 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

How many playoff games has he captained this once great side too? The answer to that contradicts your entire argument. What does club MVP's have to do with winning?

Reply #352894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Balls took Wollongong to the 2005 Grand Final & he was a winner in college, perhaps it's the players we've surrounded him with?

Reply #352900 | Report this post

Muzz buzz  
Years ago

Thanks Bianca for your input into the conversation.

Balls has won some games and Bradburied the MVP on occasion. history will remember and measure him for titles won.

Reply #352902 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

Keep ....Balls,DJ,Simpson,Ng,Creek,Bartlett.

Get Rid of....Herbert,Helliwell,weigh ,crosswell

Need blood new young players to get Sixers back to winning contention again,we seem to get players who were previously injured from other clubs and pickup odds and ends to whats left.

Balls will come good again with preseason behind him,DJ continues to improve while simpson can continue to get better in his second season,if we get a good aussie guard ,i get williamson back.Warren has been up and down if we get a gun like wilson or deleon or Allen who can perform weekly then go for it.

The bottom line is depends on who will be coaching in 2012/2013 season.

Reply #352904 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Getting back on topic, they have won 3 games from 4. Prior to that they had only won 5 games from 20. Relatively speaking, I would say that is enough to suggest the 36ers are on a roll.

Who they have played is irrelevant, they have beaten two teams with finals aspirations (at the time) and a team that wish not to finish last.

Sadly the roll might have meant more to me as a supporter if playing in the finals was still a possibility. Instead I find myself sadly apathetic about these wins as they serve to reinforce the lost opportunities from earlier in the season.

Reply #352913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

u really would keep NG??? why? he doesnt belong in the NBL, i'll give it to him, he is a great shooter but lacks in defense and size... mitch creek should have taken that offer to go to college, he hasnt inproved at all, DJ has improved out of sight and if they dont do what they can to keep him then they are stupid....u gotta kepp your bigs, the league is small and bigs are handy i woun't get rid of wade...
bottom line is, get rid of all the players who dont know how to win and worry bout how good they look and get some guys who will bleed for the team! players with some balls...and a coach who will coach with some balls...get the winning culture back!
but creek n Ng, waiste of time

Reply #352915 | Report this post

BIG BEAR  
Years ago

muzzbuzz why are you sayingthenk you bianca you know this for a fact ? muzz balls has a lot of fans which is more than you can boast he also will be remembered for as long as basketball is played as a matter of fact every time the 36ers mvp award is given his nam,e will be there for all to see as for your name no one will remember it in 6 months .

Reply #352919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not Bianca btw, I assume that is the name of his wife? Aside from being a guy what Coca-Cola Amatil sorry Muzz Buzz might like to take into account is that Balls has had team success in the past, is a four time club MVP of the Sixers and just last season finished 3rd in MVP voting.

Reply #352930 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

On a roll, you have got to be joking. Against 2 teams that are just as bad if not worse. The benchmark has not been set by beating these 2 teams so I wouldn't even go as far as saying that Clarke has earned his right for another year.

Reply #352932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I cannot understand what everyone has againt Chris Warren?

I think for a young import, leaving his family and newly born in another country, in his first year playing outside his home country, in a team performing below par, with a relatively average coach-putting up his numbers is a pretty good effort?

It is also worth considering that in the past two games, admittedly against weak opponents, his assists have increased with Bartlett's increased minutes. This is a positive sign that I would have thought would be worth exploring next season...

In reply to a previous post - A "gun" like Allen averages only 10 points, and sure he averages a few more assists but take that with the 4 turnovers he also gives up each game...

Deleon and Wilson average a couple more points per game but not as many assists - So a dime a dozen with either of them. I only point this out to ask why exactly any of them would make a significant difference next season?

I also rate Simpsons performances this year. I don't know what getting rid of either of our imports will achieve and I actually think that the performances from them this season have been one of the seasons highlights. Sending them back will just put us back to square one...then the same routine with next years imports I suppose?

Reply #352939 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I'd keep both Imports as they are far from the Sixers worse players and the Sixers of late have been fairly poor with their Import choices so signing known quantities and building chemistry will help big time moving forward. Adelaide this year missed having some veterans on the floor with the young guys

Reply #352943 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

The imports have been been good, a bit inconsistent at times.

How confident are you that the 36ers can find better replacements given their recent selection of imports??

Not very is the correct answer :(

Both are pretty young so if they stay I would expect them to get better.

36ers relly need a starting quality SG.
Warren has shown glimpses but really no one on the team can take over a game and win it for the team.

Reply #352954 | Report this post

take2  
Years ago

I believe you can read as much into this as one likes but lets be honest....are the sixers gonna beat NZ this week or go close? Nope!

End of story, and there goes the roll we are on

Reply #353119 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:49 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754