Sturt Boys 6 Girls 4 10
F/Ville 2 Girls 7 9
Tigers 2 Girls 2 4
N/Wood 3 Girls - 3
West 1 Girls 1 2
W/Ville 2 Girls - 2
North - Girls 1 1
East - Girls 1 1

Things still look the same,Sturt tops in the boys and F/Ville top in the girls. The other impressive points to look at Sturt boys 6 out of 8 teams make grand final and the girls F/Ville make 7 out of a possible 8 make the grand finals.
With those stats i can see these two clubs being at the top for a few more years to come before someone catches up to them.

Topic #27717 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Eastern slipping quickly??

Reply #353103 | Report this post

Apologies for not being onto this earlier, have tried various types of analysis fr the div 3 and below competitions, but have as yet found anything that I'm happy with.

For the div 1/2 junior competition looking at teams in finals.

Boys

Sturt 10 out of 13 or 76%
Southern 6 out of 11 or 54%
Norwood 6 out of 13 or 46%
Forestville 5 out of 11 or 45%
North 4 out of 10 or 40%
South 3 out of 9 or 33%
Woodville 3 out of 10 or 30%
West 1 out of 9 or 11%
Centrals 0 out of 8 or 0%
Eastern 0 out of 6 or 0%

Girls

Sturt 10 out of 13 or 76%
Forestville 10 out of 14 or 71%
West 4 out of 8 or 50%
Eastern 3 out of 6 or 50%
North 3 out of 10 or 30%
Southern 3 out of 10 or 30%
Norwood 3 out of 12 or 25%
Woodville 1 out of 4 or 25%
Centrals 1 out of 7 or 14%
South 1 out of 7 or 14%

Total

Sturt 20 out of 26 or 76%
Forestville 15 out of 25 or 60%
Southern 9 out of 21 or 42%
Norwood 9 out of 25 or 36%
North 7 out of 20 or 35$
West 5 out of 17 or 29%
Woodville 4 out of 14 or 28%
South 4 out of 18 or 22%
Eastern 3 out of 12 or 25%
Centrals 1 out of 15 or 6%

I have ranked wins above overall percentage for my ranking as it can benefit clubs who do not enter teams into all grades, which I feel this analysis should not do.

Having 2 U10 teams also greatly improves your results as their chance of making finals is higher than other grades.

The upshot;

What started as the big 4, then became the big 3, has finally erroded into the big 2.

Sturt and Forestville are clearly first and second being the only clubs above 50%, although Sturt wins in boys numbers, Forestville has done well at div 1 level.

Forstville might sneak State Champs in a close one on this seasons results, Sturt would maintian the reserve trophies. But it is clearly a 2 horse race right now.

Southern has moved up to Norwood and North has regained some position, or really Norwood has slipped back into this group.

West and Woodville are doing similarly well, with West having a few extra teams.

While South is in front of Eastern dueto their numbers, note that Eastern does not enter U10 teams which cold either help or hinder their results.

Centrals has 1 finalist but under differnent analysis is probably doing a bit better than that.

I will compile ladder position for div 1 and the first div 2 team next for overall club position and hopefuly have that over the next few days.

Reply #353110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brilliant work stats room. Looking forward to your ladder position update!

Reply #353127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stats room do you have all this information recorded historically on a spreadsheet somewhere????

Reply #353128 | Report this post

eagles nest  
Years ago

forestville will take out state and reserves in the girls by a country mile.

Reply #353134 | Report this post

Haven't done it on a spread sheet. But might go through the posts to find a graph or something.

Reply #353150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Statsroom, I'd love it if you have team finishing positions IE in 2008 Winter season U12 Div 2 Sturt boys finished 3rd.

Do you have this historical info.

Reply #353173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Le Bearcats are the hot favorites to win U16GD1,go the cats.Bye the way North have no chance as this is revenge for a few years back,get ready for a skinning!

Reply #353243 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Anon 243- please wait until the end of game to gloat and remember that Summer is important, but Winter is when people take notice

Reply #353245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What is the story about under 16 west girls leaving for the winter season?WTF why,girls you made the final enjoy being on top don't let anybody talk you into this.

Reply #353601 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coach the West U16 girls wanted has left North ABL Men this week. Maybe club should get him back to keep this team together!

Reply #353604 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

if i was from west and they took him back after all the shit they took from him i would be more inclined to leave a club with such low standards

Reply #353620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be a lot worse coaches going around and his appointment would be a great appointment for West Adelaide

Reply #353624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He wouldn't go back after the way West treated him! Maybe West would text him to ask him back!

Reply #353636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mate come to Woodville you would be hailed as a hero for the dwindling girls program-come and save us.

Reply #353845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only a rumour but mass exits at West u16 girls if they retain same coaching staff

Reply #353899 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are the coaching staff and what have they done to cause a mass exit?

Reply #353900 | Report this post

Warrior  
Years ago

Corey
Woodville would greatly appreciate your knowledge and dedication, unlike the couple of faceless West Adelaide personel

Reply #353919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why has Corey left North?

Reply #353924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey hasn't left North,just isn't coaching the ABL team anymore.

Reply #353992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corey has definately left North!

Reply #353999 | Report this post

Hop  
Years ago

What happened with Corey at North?

Is he coaching Sturt ABL?!?!

Reply #354001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North will be the summer champs no doubt about it.

Reply #354163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under sixteen girls division one that is!

Reply #354164 | Report this post

phobos  
Years ago

Hop - please, be sensible.

Reply #354170 | Report this post

Hop  
Years ago

Why is that not a sensible suggestion? Everything very quiet from the Sabres. I wonder who applied/who has been asked. Leaving it very late!!!

Reply #354190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again this forum is nothing but for faceless people get the facts, the guy at west has got together with some very good people and turned around the Girls program, you only need to look at the lift from each team up the premiership tables to see that.
Maybe the people who are on this forum should let the kids make there own decsions and let them play ball.

Reply #354331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have a face,but you don't have a user name.Maybe you are boasting your own achievements our anonymous friend.

Reply #354356 | Report this post

Tony Abbott  
Years ago

Faceless people !!!!!!!!

Is that you Kevin or Julia wasting tax payers money posting on this forum ?

Reply #354380 | Report this post

foul line  
Years ago

Sorry forgot to put it in , so there you now have my user name,quite happy also to let you know yes i am a parent at west but not with U/16 girls. But i do know the facts, and this is why the whole Corey thing and Girls leaving is nothing but worthless rumours. all sports have problems within, mostly caused by parents, sit back and enjoy watching kids sport and let your child do the talking for you. ON COURT.

Reply #354392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West Adelaide Bearcats will rule the winter under sixteen division uno season this year-wait an see with fear in your hearts!

Reply #355341 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

341, I am not involved in that Div, but I am shaking in my boots after your words !

Last time I felt this much fear was when I was at my grandmas and her budgie got out of its cage.

Reply #355342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

honestly west should stop gloating and wait till the season starts

Reply #355366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wests team is falling apart,some players left already evident at last training.How many will come to the first game,if i was the coach i would be very warried!

Reply #355514 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:53 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754