Flinders80
Years ago

Could a game be produced by 2 people

Ok so forget the commentators for a second

After watching the U20 Nationals live on the web it got me thinking. Could a game of basketball be produced by two people at a minimum. Heres my late night idea

Two cameras at each end on walls
One cameras in the middle

Two on the end use object tracking and record on 10 second delay. Build some smarts into object tracking to look for basketball only. These would be automated to follow basketball as it moves. Would need some heavy smarts around it to predict where ball would go when not in line of sight. In otherwords no camera man

One at mid court would be live and the other record on 10 second delay.

Streaming 4 cameras (video data) to central location before hitting web, giving the operator (not viewer) the ability to select any of the 3 cameras on 10 second delay for replays and being able to go back to the original live stream at any time. There is obviously alot more to think about but could this be done with one camera man and one operator/producer?

Topic #27720 | Report this topic

Outsider  
Years ago

It could be done, and depending on which kind of league you are talking about, it would be possible to speak to a local school/university to get students to do the filming, or one student to work the two camera's on the end baskets via computers (like done with the overhead camera at football games).

I like the idea that you said, and would love to see it implemented at certain level's.

Plus, we wouldn't have to hear Steve Carfino's voice.

Reply #353104 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

If you're OneHD, you need to customary cheerleader shot. That could be achieved by strapping a camera to them, but then there would be no B&T shot so that may not work.

Reply #353130 | Report this post

Flinders80  
Years ago

hahahah, nice Jack. Will add to my business plan

Reply #353167 | Report this post

Flash  
Years ago

Excellent idea, I like the way you are thinking.

I really believe this is the direction Basketball should taking i.e. website based streaming of events.

This sport really needs expose on TV to get the kids watching and getting involved, but failing a quality TV deal at present, the sport should take control of its own future.

Making games available online is the future and will continue the growth of the sport at all levels.

I understand some NBL clubs have not taken this action previously because OneHD would not allow it. They need to get this issue quickly because OneHD is not providing access to younger viewers when they only show games at 10:30pm.

Reply #353188 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Could this mean that Carfino becomes "redundant"?- YES!

Reply #353189 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Online streaming might get more people interested and watching. As long as it doesn't cut the number of people going to games - would you really want to play in a half-empty stadium? Bums on seats give you atmosphere and raise the energy levels of the players.

Reply #353282 | Report this post

Flash  
Years ago

Very true Hoopie, but increasing the number of people who follow the sport will increase the number people who wish to attend a live game.

You might lose some people from attending a game, but you will increase the very all basketball population.

Which has to be good for the game in the long term.

Reply #353315 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:58 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754