fisherman
Years ago

Who will win the iiNet Championship?

Breakers 2.20
Cats 2.80
Blaze 5.60
Others 10+

I like a Breakers/Blaze final, anyone from there.

Topic #27721 | Report this topic

MikefromtheK  
Years ago

Hopefully Perth. My favourite team is Townsville, however, if they can't win it i'd prefer Perth to.

Reply #353114 | Report this post

take2  
Years ago

NZ. They are the form team regardless of whether people think the Wildcats deserve it or not. NZlost a few players but still have a horde of good players who want to play well an win.

Think it will be a NZ v Gold Coast Grand Final Series which is fitting

Reply #353116 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I'd like to see a Perth Vs Nz final with NZ going back 2 back or Blaze Vs Nz would be my second choice

Reply #353120 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

NZ Breakers. They have the experience and hunger to do it all again.

Reply #353139 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I hope one of the QLD teams do..

Reply #353148 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Gold Coast don't have a chance in my opinion, they wont be able to brat any of the playoff bound teams in a series.

Cairns have proven they can beat anyone in this league on a given night, but have tremendous difficulty scoring and at times look like a state league team. Townsville are hot and cold but have the tools to get it done as long as everyone shows up. Perth are tough but if the refs decide to start calling their hand checking things might change.

This is NZ's to lose.

It all depends on the matchups: Townsville, for example, can beat NZ, cairns and GC but can't beat Perth. But tsv have to play the top three teams on their home stretch and might not even qualify.

If I were to rank title chances Id go:

NZ
Perth
Wide margin
TSV
Cairns
GC

Reply #353204 | Report this post

G Rudd  
Years ago

Would love my Crocs to but I don't think it will be this year. I would say it will be a Wildcats VS Breakers GF with the Breakers taking it out. The Blaze prima donnas will miss out.

Reply #353246 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Townsville can win it all provided these two things happen:

1. They qualify (they have the toughest run home of any of the "contenders")
2. They don't have to face Perth in a series.

Still, it's an outside shot.

Reply #353312 | Report this post

greg  
Years ago

Any news on Townsville injuries?

Reply #353347 | Report this post

G Rudd  
Years ago

None that I know of. Rusty has permission from the doctors to do running nowand Eddie Gill is playing.

Reply #353371 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Is Rusty even on contract for next season?

I'm sorry but the last time I saw him play fully healthy he was seriously outmatched at the NBL level.

The club could use his leadership and obviously he's better than Ben Allen but I would only be signing him for a small contract that won't eat up cap space.

Hopefully they use him as a veteran boost off the end of the bench and not as a misguided starter.

Love his enthusiasm and passion for the club, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here...

Eighth man or so sounds about right.

Reply #353395 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:29 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754