Bball is fun
Years ago

U14 boys

Here we go again. So at least 1 state player from tigers to mavs. 2 state players both starting guards at state, moving from Norwood to centrals. One from centrals to tigers.
Looks like 6 teams minimum fighting out for honors this season. State champs should be very interesting. Given that there's only 4 games till state champs you would think sturt and woodville will be in the box seat with unchanged line ups.

Topic #27752 | Report this topic

Bball is fun  
Years ago

Looks like state champ pools will be as follows if no country teams enter.
Pool a
Norwood
Woodville
Mavs
Centrals
West
Pool b
Tigers
Sturt
Panthers
North
Forrestville
Very interesting

Reply #353731 | Report this post

Pallas 18  
Years ago

There are no 'state players' in u14s. Sydney Cup isn't a national tournament, and 20 kids get taken.

I think your pool are wrong. I think they are taken from rd 9 ladders, 1, 3, 6, 8 & 2, 4, 5, 7.

Reply #353739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also heard some country state players coming into one of the lower teams from summer putting them in the mix as well. From my perspective big losers are Norwood and Tigers. Big winners Centrals , Mavs and North. Status quo the others

Reply #353752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

State in U14s ?????

Reply #353762 | Report this post

Years ago

pool selection etc and when it is taken is all on sportingpulse - sa state champs website

Reply #353765 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

I thought Sturt was the club pinching all the 'talent'? Ha ha

Reply #353775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats happening on the Girls side?

Reply #353786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

girls it will be Sturt v Forestville, Southern automatic entry because they are hosting and SOuth being the other team

Reply #353789 | Report this post

eagles nest  
Years ago

forestville to win state girls and reserves - hands down

Reply #353831 | Report this post

Cup  
Years ago

Unless they choke. Which they always do after woofing it up.

Reply #353848 | Report this post

eagles nest  
Years ago

not this year - country mile between forestville and sturt.

only g state sturt may win is u18g and reserves u18g

u12 state - forestville
u14 state - forestville
u16 state - north
u18 state - sturt or forestville

u12 reserves - forestville
u14 reserves - forestville
u16 reserves - forestville
u18 reserves - sturt

looks like it's going to rose terrace

Reply #353870 | Report this post

eagles nest  
Years ago

there has been a clear difference between these teams and the pack so far - not even a hint of improving results from the pack.

Reply #353871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville girls all the way! I understand coaches have had advanced training in the Heimlich maneuver so choking no longer an issue

Reply #353874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood will be fine only lost a couple of back up guards. Best two guards still there and bringing some more tall timber.

Reply #353877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forrestville have also recruited well and will be very competitive. A couple of very good pick ups.

Reply #353879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So where are all these kids coming from? Why are they not playing summer or is it just a shuffle between clubs?

Reply #353891 | Report this post

true gaurds  
Years ago

Hey Anonymous norwood only had 3 gaurds and two of them left. There were other players who played a gaurd spot from time to time, but the same 3 did it for 99.9% of the time so it doesn't seem like they were back up gaurds? Also how does that leave them with the two best gaurds?? And if that was the case why did they have to bring up a div 2 gaurd to fill the spot. Doesn't seem to make alot of sence now does it. So many questions.

Reply #353892 | Report this post

Bball is fun  
Years ago

(Mod: Unnecessary.)

Reply #353895 | Report this post

Nug  
Years ago

Wow... This seems to be a lot of movement and shuffling between clubs! Or maybe I have just been out if the action too long. Does anyone know some of the reasons for movement?

Reply #353907 | Report this post

Tiger Woodduck  
Years ago

The problem with all of this recruiting at this time of the year is that there are only about 4 games before State Championships which leaves very little time for a team to gel.

Reply #353910 | Report this post

Pallas 18  
Years ago

Unless they also play Easter Carnival which would give them another 5+ games in a tournament environment to get adjusted. Still not ideal but 10 games is much better than 4.

Reply #353931 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

one reason for so many kids is because there is only 1 team for each club in div 2, so some kids are missing out on a div 2 spot and some are being droped from div 1 to div 3.(as some clubs keep div 2 for their first year players to develop for next years div 1.) Most of the good kids in this age group play other sports on a Saturday morning so if they want to play district basketball they need to shift clubs, so they can still play on a friday night,or shift the div 3 games to a diferent timeslot (but I believe there is a big diference in the standard of the bball from div 2 to div 3) or the clubs that need kids should be promoting themselves and letting others know about their coaching and development plans. They may pick up some good players needing to move.

Reply #353946 | Report this post

Pallas 18  
Years ago

Doesn't sound like the above applies for these kids. They're not div 3's moving to play div 2. They're long-time div 1's moving from a strong club to a weaker club. Interesting!

Reply #353977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has Trinity College had any involvement in this move?

Reply #353980 | Report this post

tripper  
Years ago

and Anonymous #353980 wins the chocs....Trinity is the WHOLE reason the norwood boys are off to centrals

Reply #354052 | Report this post

Nug  
Years ago

Hmmm... That's interesting...

Reply #354061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isn't Norwood area a fair bit away from Trinity or do I have that wrong. If so is that the best scenario in Adelaide for basketballers?

Reply #354103 | Report this post

Callisto 123  
Years ago

Ano What do you mean best senario?

Reply #354138 | Report this post

Bball is fun  
Years ago

Wouldn't think trinity would be the reason. Aren't these 2 players being spoken about leaving a team whose coach works at trinity.

Reply #354200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does a sporting scholarship guided as an academic scholarship seem a possibility

Reply #354214 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

this makes no sense at all - maybe the boys concern live closer to Centrals area or have moved?

end of day nobody business but the parents.

under 14 seriously get a grip

Reply #354249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I beleive they live out that way and travel got too much. MOve on.

Reply #354254 | Report this post

bballfan  
Years ago

How good ARE all these supposed Norwood state guards anyway??? Norwood didn't even make it to the grand final so what happened CHAMPS??? Sounds like movement is what may have been needed.

Reply #354363 | Report this post

BBallNow  
Years ago

BBallfan it seems like a win win. Norwood gets a better balanced 5 and more team harmony. Central gets a couple of reasonable guards. The only loser is the 3 players that get cut from Centrals due to the players coming in. Centrals and Norwood will be both pushing for Top 4 in winter. Good luck.

Reply #354479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A couple of reasonable guards - that is an understatement. Whenever we came up against them those were the two we were most worried about not the one remaining.

Who is the third person coming into Centrals which is driving the 3 persons cut?

Where is Norwood getting the players from to make a better balanced team. It must be from outside the club because if they are internal players they would already have done it if they thought the team would be better of/balanced.

How many players have to leave before there is better team harmony. From my recollection 4 have already moved on in this year and the past one or two!!

Have to run now and watch the GF between the two best teams!!!

Reply #354488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

reasonable guards, I would love these 2 reasonable gaurds in my team, as for better balanced. I Dont think think so. The best thing that has come out of this for norwood is 2 couple of div 2's have got a great oportunity. As for best team based on ladder stats, Norwood were the better team all year just couldn't pull it together when it counted.(did get beaten by a better team IMO) I think woodville will be the team to beat in winter if they can play every game like they did last week. As for centrals I think they only won 4 games all year. Dont see how 2 players can make that much diffence.

Reply #354500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

looks like sturt is the team to beat.

Reply #354506 | Report this post

CD 4ever  
Years ago

.... and Centrals did just that !

Reply #354509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who cares its kids sport you muppets

Reply #354514 | Report this post

bballfan  
Years ago

Teams need to play well in the finals to be considered a good team. Being top at the end of a minor round does not get you the trophy. From what i've seen when we've played Norwood, the best point guard is still there - but it was obvious the 'team harmony' was not there during the game. Woodville were clearly better and played more as a team.

Reply #354750 | Report this post

rhea  
Years ago

bballfan - OK, we get the message. You don't like Norwood and you take some enjoyment out of taking potshots at 12 year old boys from your keyboard. Give it a rest, it's getting old.

Reply #354753 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: Stop referencing specific players.)

Reply #354805 | Report this post

bad sports  
Years ago

all parents that have time to get on this web site and bagged teams are not good parents in my eyes so all grown up and let the kids play basketball let them enjoy the sport for those parents bagging indiviuals look at yourself and S____ up.

Reply #354936 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:41 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754