hoopie
Years ago

NCAA coverage?

Anybody know what games are going to be shown in Oz and when, like St Mary's?

Topic #27762 | Report this topic

billo  
Years ago

The online coverage has been outstanding for years. Looks like you might have to pay about $4 this year? Other years it's been free, and for $4 it's basically free again this year, I certainly don't begrudge that price tag.

http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness#mychannels_show_hide_container

(no idea what foxtel is showing)

Reply #353936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

foxtel

Reply #353940 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

I tried to sign up for the March Madness Online (as I have in previous years), had no problem paying the $4 but when I went to sign up it said it is not avaliable in this country?? Does any one else know how to watch games online? foxtel coverage is very limited

Reply #353950 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Foxtel's program says it's showing lots of games but it doesn't say which, and they're as bad as Nine and Seven when it comes to starting on time.

Reply #353954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The foxtel tv guide on their website is stating the specific games they are showing (for Saturday our time at least). Don't see St Mary's anywhere atm.

Reply #353956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have set up my foxtel to tape 11 games between wednesday day and saturday morning, no complaints from me

Reply #353959 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Sounds like you guys use those shitty generic listing sites. Use the online Foxtel TV guide.

All live unless indicated otherwise (live telecasts shown in WST - my timezone).

*** FIRST FOUR ****

Wednesday 14/03 6:30am/9:00am WST

Western Kentucky vs. Mississippi Valley State
Iona vs. BYU

Thursday 15/03 (DELAYED)

Vermont vs. Lamar (DELAYED)
South Florida vs. California (DELAYED)

*** SECOND ROUND ***

Friday 16/03 midnight to noon, WST:

Colorado State vs. Murray State
BYU/Iona vs. Marquette
Harvard vs. Vanderbilt
VCU vs. Wichita State
New Mexico State vs. Indiana

Saturday 17/03 midnight to noon, WST:

Texas vs. Cincinnati
St. Bonaventure vs. Florida State
Norfolk State vs. Missouri
Lehigh vs. Duke
Xavier vs. Notre Dame

So it looks like we will be getting the free to air US TV games (CBS) on ESPN/ESPN2, and no simulteanous coverage. Not sure if the other games running at the same time (TNT group i.e. truTV/TBS/TNT) will be on ESPN3 (AU) as its schedule only lists NIT matches at the moment.

Reply #353960 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

simultaneous

Reply #353963 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Julian, a big thank you, and keep 'em coming if you can.

Reply #353971 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

I've just tried to do the same Michael.

I've also written to the NCAA saying how disappointed I am. I can't justify hundreds of $$$ to pay Foxtel, particularly for a service that was free the last few years.

I'll be looking at the usual suspects for live streaming I would think.

Reply #353979 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

so there not showing st marys?

Reply #353991 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

^ DAMMIT.

Reply #353998 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Unfortunately the ESPN3 (AU) schedule only displays events being streamed in the next two days. I would expect all games will be shown. We will see.

Reply #354002 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

That's crap - I have watched using the NCAA link for years and whilst I'm happy to pay - they have take it away??? That is fuc*ed!

Reply #354005 | Report this post

foxtel shows espn - i think you will find they have a policy of showing live commitments and if they delay the next game due to overtime etc beyond their control - they do their best to keep everyone up with both.
they do a good job

Reply #354009 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

I have signed up to March madness online using an anonymous proxy (identity cloaker). It obviously costs a bit more than just the $3.99 but worth it due to Foxtel's inability to sometimes show games.
You might be in luck though with Espn3 as they are showing all the NIT games tomorrow so most likely will show Ncaa tourny.
For those who don't have Foxtel or a friend who will share their user id/password anonymous proxy is a good option. I've been using Espn player via a UK proxy for the current season.

Reply #354014 | Report this post

we have ESPN HD with a home theatre and large LCD TV - only way to go - just cant beat the quality

Reply #354051 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Tomorrow's games, which are delayed on ESPN2 HD, being Vermont vs. Lamar South Florida vs. California, will be streamed live on ESPN3. Unfortunately beyond tomorrow espn.com.au does not list future ESPN3 events.

Reply #354168 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

Unless Espn3's coverage improves looks like Foxtel only showing some of the smaller teams tomorrow. But I guess during first 2 rounds they are the more exciting games to watch!

Reply #354235 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Additional ESPN3 live games:

16/03

Syracuse vs. UNC Asheville
New Mexico vs. Long Beach St

I would think if the NCAA tournament was aired by ESPN in the US we would have access to every match via the service as all it would take would be a mere flick of a switch to share the streams already available on the US ESPN3 version.

Best bet for hardcores will be illegal streams or via a proxy to the official site for a quality picture.

Reply #354287 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:28 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754