Arizona 14
Years ago

Which NBL imports will be kept?

So out of the teams out of the playoffs (Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide and Wollongong).
Who do u think they will bring back and get rid of???
Coaches and imports.

Topic #27765 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

melbourne - neither
sydney - grant
adelaide - not sure, depends on aussies, maybe both or maybe neither
wollongong - ubaka

Reply #353990 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Sydney will do everything they can to keep Grant. Ratzsch would be gone.
Dorsey is contracted? Not that that means anything to Melbourne. They might inquire about Allen, can't see him staying though.
Adelaide will hopefully at least offer Simpson a contract. Possibly will explore other options for Warren. Williamson possibly is still a fall back option?
Ubaka will be offered a contract at Wollongong. If Catron is cheap enough, he's not the worst import they have persisted with (Gruber for one). Can't really see Catron going onto a higher level, so possibly would be happy to keep his contract.

Reply #353995 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Coach wise, Gleeson will likely stay? Sydney will explore other options for Heal, Clarke will hopefully be replaced (hasn't been too bad of late though). Wollongong would be crazy to let Gordie go.

Reply #353996 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

Imports

Woolongong- keep ubaka stay catron goes
Adelaide -keep simpson ,williamson in warren out.
Sydney- keep Grant,out radisch bring in PG
Melbourne keep allen and dorsey

Cairns keep imports
Townsville Keep Gill Mims goes get another SF
Gold Coast Keep Deleon,Hudson 50/50
Perth and NZ Keep Imports

Coaches bottom 3 teams will have to look for new coaches!!

Reply #354012 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

It completley depends on what Australian talent teams can sign.

If Daniel Johnson leaves adelaide, Williamson might be looked at, at the expense of Warren. If Johnson stays, both imports have a big chance of getting retained.

Ubaka safe.
Catron is decent for his price but that roster needs some upgrading. Some scoring punch on a wing is probably the replacement.

Allen gone.
The only thing I can see saving Dorsey is the signing of either a quality Australian starting PG or a quality Australian starting centre.

Sydney keep Grant and cut Ratschz.

Gleeson & Gordie stay.
Heal 50/50.
Clarke gone.

Reply #354018 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Yep Sydney should try hard to keep Grant. Ratzsch is surely no chance.

Melbourne, no idea what they will do, but wouldn't surprise me to see two new faces. Dorsey certainly hasn't done enough to be miffed at getting the axe.

Hawks might keep both, but Catron is nothing special and although Ubaka is not a bad option, I think they need a quicker guard who can draw defences out of position more often and get others open shots on that team.

Sixers should cut Warren and might hang onto Simpson, but it does depend a bit on whether they manage to land a starter quality Aussie PG (ie Markovic) or if they try their hand at import PG roulette again. If they are forced so expend one import slot on a PG and Ballinger comes back fitter and cheaper, maybe they go for a guy like Williamson again, who would give them a more versatile guy who can guard those quick opposition big men that eat Adelaide's slower bigs for brekky.

Reply #354029 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ratzsch would be no chance. Kings are trying to keep Grant. Not sure about the Hawks but I'd guess they might keep Ubaka and look to replace Catron? I think Adelaide might replace both. Who knows with Melbourne.

Reply #354060 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I don't think Jackson will be back next season, would be great if he did but I don't think it's gonna happen.
Braswell is playing NZBL again and I have heard rumors of him naturalizing. Be a good pick up if that was the case (Breakers and Tallblacks).

Reply #354064 | Report this post

darumor  
Years ago

I have heard the Kings are offering "The World" to Patty Mills, and so are not pursuing another import other than Grant.

Reply #354125 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

"The World" has different price-tags in different countries. NBA minimum contract for a player with Patty's experience is $788,872. Even with a strong $AU nobody can offer him those $$$ and actually field a team in the NBL.

Reply #354169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why would mills want to play in aus again?

he's done his PR to boost the nbl.

Euro gig for patty

Reply #354191 | Report this post

Mr bEn  
Years ago

I really like Simpson. If you blokes don't want him, I'd happily watch him in a Blaze uniform.

Reply #354202 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Simpson - early this season 36ers v Blaze at Adelaide.
" Well , what have we here ! " Your Coach exclaimed , half-curious and half-joyful.

Reply #354211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Camel, Joey said that when JVG handed him the brown paper bag!

Reply #354225 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:41 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754