LynFan
Years ago

Bogut traded to Warriors for Ellis

Bucks and Warriors have agreed in principle on trade to send Bogut and Jackson to Warriors for Ellis, Udoh and Brown, league source tells Y!
https://twitter.com/#!/WojYahooNBA/status/179725446101999616

I wonder if he'll play better there.

Topic #27773 | Report this topic

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

If Bogut stays healthy and gets his touch back - watch for the Warriors to try to challenge for 8th in the west this season.

The pairing of Lee & Bogut could be very effective at closing off the lane to opposing offenses. Quality centre and and quality PF can be a potent combo - look at the numbers being posted by Love and Pekovic in Minnesota.

Reply #354073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bieds can finally be a back-up - his true calling.

Bogut will surely play better.

Reply #354075 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Andrew Bogut era in Milwaukee is over.

The Bucks have traded Bogut and forward Stephen Jackson to the Golden State Warriors for Monta Ellis, Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown, a source told ESPN's Stephen A. Smith.

Bogut was drafted first overall by Milwaukee in the 2005 draft and has averaged 12.7 points and 9.3 rebounds over his seven year career.

In return the Bucks welcome the instant offense that Ellis provides to pair with star point guard Brandon Jennings.

Ellis has spent all seven years of his career with Golden State and has career averages of 19.6 points and 4.4 assists.

Reply #354076 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I think is this fantastic news for Bogut. A fresh start is what he needed.

Can Mills get to GSW as well??? Maybe a bit wishful...

Reply #354077 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Big upgrade to go from Milwaukee to California. San Fran and the areas around it are awesome.

Would a team cry much giving up Ellis? I always assumed that he was one of those gets-his-stats guys like Kevin Martin (and now Melo) without locking in significant wins?

Reply #354078 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Fair trade.
Number 1 pick for a number 1 pick.

Reply #354079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a bit far to say the Warriors will challenge for a playoff spot. Bogut and Steph Curry are two of the most injury prone players in the league. I think it was a great deal for the Bucks

Reply #354080 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Scott Skiles and Monta Ellis!!!
This could get ugly
Can't see them seeing eye to eye on defence or offence really.

Jennings and Ellis would be a good combo for Rick Adelman to coach, can't see Skiles liking it much.

Reply #354081 | Report this post

LynFan  
Years ago

I think the Warriors can challenge next year.

With Curry and Bogut probably out most if not all of the remaining season, along with no longer having Ellis, they are definitely getting a very good lotto pick this season.

Next year, they can rely on a healthy Bogut and Curry + that lottery player with already solid players and fight for a playoffs spot.

Reply #354084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isnt bogut out for the rest of the season? i can only see the warriors going down on the ladder from here to the end of the season.

Reply #354085 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

So we can rule out d12 to golden state now?

Reply #354086 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Warriors get arguably the 2nd best defensive center in the league.

I see Jackson being traded by seasons end. He's just as much of a black hole offensively nowadays as Corey Maggette was.

Bogut should hopefully be the 3rd option on offense behind Curry and Lee.

I just hope Boguts gets that offensive swagger back with the warriors. I'd rather he not turn into the white "Ben Wallace".

Reply #354089 | Report this post

Falcon  
Years ago

Big win for GSW!

Bogut, Lee, Wright, Jackson, Curry

Not a bad starting lineup if you ask me. I cannot see BJ and Monta working at all to be honest. Are they relying on Drew Gooden as their main main in the front court? You've got to be kidding me!

Reply #354090 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

I thought Bogut was to return in a couple weeks? hence my comment...but yeah if he's out for the year, no playoffs.

Reply #354091 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

It sets GSW up well for next season.
With a full training camp to organise their D and offense they should be much better next season.

The move should be good for Bogut and GSW should make him a priority on offense as he is a good passer and they have some good 3pt and mid-range shooters.

Not convinced Ellis and Jennings will work well together but you never know.

Good luck with Gooden as their best Center, he has played ok this year without Bogut but it is not a long term option.

Reply #354095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ Thats because jennings is getting traded to the Lakers

Reply #354097 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Would this be the first time number 1 draft picks have been traded/in the same trade deal for each other?

Reply #354101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut is out another month with his ankle but the Warriors are only a few wins out of playoffs

Reply #354102 | Report this post

Humpa  
Years ago

lol the bust finally got traded.

Reply #354104 | Report this post

Key  
Years ago

Cool, now I can buy a Jersey.. Green and Red never suited me.

Reply #354108 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Humpa, Kwame has been traded a few times now..keep up.

Reply #354115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The little nuances of this deal are coming out:

* Milwaukee are saving a fair bit of cap space here and also have Ellis as a back up when/if Jennings leaves in the off season
* GSW had a fair bit of cap space left, so no $ implications for them as far a luxury tax
* GSW will not have Curry or Bogut for a fair chunk of the remainder of the season so they should fall to a higher pick in the draft - this draft is expected to be VGood!
* GSW have to give up their draft pick to UTAH if it is below number 7... they want to keep this pick!!!

You have got to be happy if you are Mark Jackson if you have Bogut to lead your defense!

Stephen Jackson may want a buyout from GSW though, but maybe Mark Jackson can convince him to stay

Reply #354126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

+1 DB5

Reply #354128 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

this is awesome news!!

ive been a big fan of steph curry for a while.

i never got a bucks jersey because they are absolutely hideous. was already a fan of golden state now ive got good reason.

correct me if im wrong but hasnt jackson recently been in golden state?? and now traded back??

Reply #354143 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

Phil, Yes. Capt'n Jack got the book about 4 years ago when Don Nelson was still coaching. He got traded to Charlotte back in 08.

I don't like the chances of him being retained after this year unless he pulls 30ppg performances out. I would think that the team would want to develop Klay Thompson at the 2/3 spot and bench Jackson.

Reply #354145 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Yeah Jackson has played with the Warriors before. Probably played his best ball there too where he and baron Davis led them to the playoffs.

Reply #354146 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

High Risk/High Reward trade for the Warriors here. If they can get Bogut and Curry on the court together at the same time they'll always be a threat to make the playoffs. Thrown in David Lee as an underrated 4, Dorell Wright as a solid 3 and I expect Klay Thompson will develop into a more than serviceable 2. Thats a very balanced starting lineup. All 5 starters are capable of lighting it up for 20 on any given night. Add in Biedrins off the bench as the 3rd big in the rotation, Robinson as the dynamite off the bench and Rush as the spot up shooter and Golden State are really heading in the right direction. I'm quite sure my Jazz own the Warriors first rounder this year which is unfortunate for them because that could've been real handy for them. If Jackson can accept being the 3rd or 4th option on offence, look out for GS!

As for the Bucks, they do save alot of money as well as adding a scoring machine to the roster. Pairing Jennings and Ellis in the back court is interesting. Lightning quick, can score in a hurry. Only problem is there is one basketball out there. Curry was a willing passer, Jennings isn't so much. Don't know if Scott Skiles is going to be around much longer, especially if he tries to drill a half court offence into BJ and Monta. I say fire Skiles and get D'Antoni out there, he'll probably be out of a job soon..

Reply #354150 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Jackson was better at San Antonio I reckon.
GSWshould cut his ass, he has been a pain in it since his 1 good season at Charlotte.

Reply #354152 | Report this post

Jacob  
Years ago

This is a strange move for gws . unless they have bigger plans. eg. Bogut and Jackson for Howard ??

I think Jackson Will be moved anyways to magic probably for j rich. captain jack really wants to play with dwight whether thats at golden state or Orlando well soon find out.

but they Will slide now with curry and Bogut almost gone for the year. and they don't have a lottery pick this year either. the jazz hold that ( don't ask me how) .

So i thought they would have gone harder for dwight. They'll start with
robinson Thompson wright lee and beidrens for almost majority of the remainding games. but if they do get back someone decent for Jackson and get curry and Bogut healthy they can be a force.

2 questions : 1) what does everyone think they should do with Jackson ??

2) and is it just me or does it seem that Bogut is very underrated in the states. behind dwight and bynum i would have him as the 3 rd best centre in the league when healthy ? Fair call . and probably defensively second best behind dwight. Unlucky to not have already been an allstar .

can't wait to watch him in the west against much better centres night in night out. prove himself to the league. against gasols bynums duncans jordans

Reply #354154 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Warriors have always been one of my favourite teams. Even moreso now Bogut is there.
Bogut, Love, Jackson, Curry, Biedrins, Wright, Rush, Robinson, Thompson.
Should be a fun team to watch. Bogut should help their defence a bit you'd think.
Not going to be a real contender, but they have always been a team who are a bit off the pace, but play very watchable basketball.

Reply #354155 | Report this post

Big Sexy  
Years ago

The draft pick is top 7 protected and there is alot of talk that the warriors might tank the rest of the season by letting Bogut and Curry rest out the year

Reply #354166 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Deep draft, protected only in the top 7. Let the tanking begin.

Reply #354193 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7683412/milwaukee-bucks-trade-andrew-bogut-stephen-jackson-golden-state-warriors-monta-ellis

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-120314/nba-which-side-won-milwaukee-bucks-golden-state-warriors-trade

Reply #354194 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Hard to know what to make of Bogut's Twitter silence since the trade went down. He's not known for holding back on his opinions about most things.

But I do like that his last tweets (posted before the trade) were about Doug Christie's new 'career' and NBL fantasy league goings-on.

Reply #354198 | Report this post

David  
Years ago

Andrew Gaze says that the trade for Andrew Bogut will be a good thing for Bogut, but says Bogut will be upset about it.

Ummmmm Andrew I'm pretty sure Bogut won't be upset about it considering it has been widely reported that it was Bogut's desire to move on from Milwaukee. Although apparently Bogut never made any formal trade request to Bucks management even though it was reported incorrectly in some other parts of the media that he had.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/more-sports/andrew-bogut-will-relish-nba-trade-says-andrew-gaze/story-e6frfglf-1226299681014

Reply #354209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Upset about it? The guy gets paid more than $12 million a year to play basketball he's got nothing to be upset about.

Reply #354224 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

im not even gonna list the things ild do for 12 mil a year.

Reply #354321 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:58 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754