Dr Dunkenstein
Years ago

This weekend, North vs Sturt, GOTW

Once again Isaac, you've outdone youself, great work on the promo.

i'll have to be honest, it took me a moment to work out the Fill Hill(crest) link etc.

Good job mate, hopefully north take it up to Sturt and make a tight match. (that's the score, we all know the stadium is tight).

Topic #2779 | Report this topic

M  
Years ago

I think im going to p*ss myself

Pure gold

Reply #31555 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

OK kids, let's make that stadium regret that it ever opened its doors. Maybe bring your own chairs, or get ready to stand. If you get a seat alongside the court, make sure you have a mouthguard.

Reply #31570 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Or a shark cage!

Reply #31572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

centrals v eastern should of been GOTW

Reply #31577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

eastern vs centrals women isn't exactly a crowd-puller. north vs sturt in the women is 1 vs 2.
1st + 8th + 1st + 2nd = 12
vs
5th + 6th + 7th + 10th = 28

Reply #31580 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Dr Dunkenstein will you be at the game?

Reply #31593 | Report this post

Boy George  
Years ago

Prediction:

3 Techs Mens (1 sturt + 2 North)

- McKay to go off for high 20s
- Forman to go for 30 and 15
- Hawkes to have a go at anyone who makes a mistake from both teams
- Spectators to be standing all round the stadium
- Ninja to go for 20
- Hambour and Gower to rub themselves out (dirty contest) Either by their talent or fist

Womens

2 Techs (North and Sturt Coach)

- Leal to get 15 and 10.
- Marino to get 20 and 5 turnovers
- Bowley sisters to dominate
- A Great womens basketball game to break out.

Reply #31598 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Double Clutch - i will be at the forestville v Southern game. thought you'd be there also...

Anon (#31580), i dont follow your logic. if you are trying to work out which double header has the higher placed team, i think you'll find mavs men are higher than 5th
shutup! in post re: ABL Ladder (#31482) put them at 3rd.

Reply #31608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

official ladder has them as 5th.

Reply #31611 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Nah I'm a North boy thru and thru. I bleed red and white. Forestville is a club full of elitists anyway.

Reply #31612 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Foot in mouth, of the week:

• Dr Dunk, sorry anon, my bad

Look forward to your next hot or not list. I have a coaching course, that is scouting the Forestville Southern game, otherwise id trek up to Starplex.

Reply #31614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

would you two boys like a room??

Reply #31617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon your logic needs some serious work. By your method two games of 1 v 8 would be just as good as two games of 4 v 5

Reply #31624 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

Dr D & Anonymous (#31611)

I have seen the official ladder which shows Mavs Men as 5th.

Not sure how that happens, as they have won as many games (4)as West (3rd) & South (4th) but because they have played one less their game winning % is higher (66 to 57) and their overall % is higher (110 to 96 & 95).

Reply #31631 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

North have the potential to play above their 8th position and I fully expect them to. Also, the womens game of 1 vs 2 is easily the girls game of the round. Eastern are getting a promo next week, and Centrals got a small promo last week for their game against Forestville (which was probably GOTW, but South had already got in touch regarding the promo for that week).

The decision for this week reflects both the guys and girls games which I think is fair.

Reply #31641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ShutUp!,
I think the ladders at the moment are based on how many points a team has and then on percentage. Although Mavs have a better win loss ratio they have less points cos teams still get a point for a loss. South should also be ahead of west because they beat west. At the end of the season when everone has played the same number of games it will go on win loss ratio (or points - same thing when all have played same no of games). The tie breaker wil be point spread between games involving teams with the same record.

Reply #31664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #31728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said...

Reply #31733 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:37 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754