philly
Years ago

When will Bogut return?

Some are saying within a month some are saying he will be out the rest of the season plus olympics. Does anyone have a close idea to when he will be returning? Would love to see him suit up for warriors before the season ends but im thinking that is doubtful.

Topic #27810 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Last time he rushed himself back, while still in visible pain and completely unable to shoot with his right hand. I hope for his sake he takes it easy for a while...

Reply #354595 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

http://www.fiba.com/pages/eng/fc/news/lateNews/p/langid/1/newsid/50895/arti.html

Andrew Bogut admits he may not be back on the court in the NBA this season following his move to the Golden State Warriors, but his Olympic prospects do not appear to be as bleak.

Reply #354602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Says he has state of the arc rehab facilities at his home bak in melb.. Would be interesting to see that. Genuinely Living the dream

Reply #354605 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

What I wouldn't give to see a fit Bogut at the Olympics. We need some luck darnnit.!!!

Reply #354614 | Report this post

Hamilton  
Years ago

It is pity that he can't play NBA now, I am interesting that can he play better in Golden State Warriors or not

Reply #354617 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

thanks for the info, good to hear he might still be a shot at the olympics. i can see why golden state may want to rest him but i suppose it might come down to whether they are in playoff contention when he is fully rehabilitated.

Reply #354625 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I saw something today (think it was Yahoo) where he said he has an MRI in the next couple days and that if that is positive, then there is a chance he could still play NBA this season.

I'd bet against it, however, as it is not in the team's interest for him to play this season. They are better off tanking at this point to make sure they keep their own 1st round draft pick instead of having to hand it over to the Jazz.

I would think he will be fine to play in the Olympics, the question is, will the Warriors let him?

Reply #354630 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

dudes still in a boot

Reply #354645 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

The guys needs to play hoops...Warriors would be best to get some game time into him!

OK, I guess I just want a fit Bogut in a Boomers uniform ;)

Reply #354654 | Report this post

Tassieballer  
Years ago

To see a fit bogut in a boomers uniform is everyone's dream I think. I hope he does play otherwise we will struggle to keep our reputation of doing well at international events. Although it would be good to see another big get a run that normally wouldn't.

Reply #354665 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

Bogut is very committed to the Boomers program so If his rehab goes well he will play...unlike some nba ballers who want the rest or are not that committed Bogut knows how important an olympic campaign is for Australian Basketball...but it will all come down to the extent of the recovery of his injuries

Reply #354714 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:44 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754