Tassieballer
Years ago

Who will be the NBL MVP?

With no real standouts this year who will take out the big award?

Topic #27829 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd go with Cedric Jackson with Kevin Lisch as runner up

Reply #354815 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Should be a top 4 team player. So i go with Jackson, Lisch or.. That'd be it.

Reply #354821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It should be Cedric Jackson...But when you think about how crap melbourne have been since he left, I wouldn't be surprised if the NBL gave it to Patty Mills!!

Reply #354827 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Cedric Jackson

Reply #354829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilson

Reply #354830 | Report this post

Deios58  
Years ago

Jackson.

Reply #354837 | Report this post

ineedmore  
Years ago

Cedrick Jackson. DJ a sleeper(IMO).

Reply #354846 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Should probably be Cedric Jackson but my guess is Jamar Wilson.

Tragardh has really fallen off the pace.

Reply #354850 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's voted game per game by coaching panels, it's not a case of giving it to someone.

Wilson would have got a lot of votes, with his last quarters fresh in coaches' minds after the game. Jackson might have lost a few to teammates but will still be around the mark. Same with Lisch. Khazzouh, Tragardh, Gibson, Crawford and Johnson would also have had quite a few high polling games but will probably fall short.

Johnson could well get it though, which highlights the flaw in the way it is decided, just like when Williams won it a couple of years back despite being very inconsistent.

Reply #354863 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Casey Frank made comments in the Blaze Vs Breakers game to the effect of " players who's teams aren't in the playoff hunt shouldn't be MVP, how valuable were they? If they weren't there their teams still wouldn't have made the playoffs"

I agree, if you played well and your team still didn't make it you obviously weren't valuable enough

Reply #354868 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hahaha dj a sleeper!? Got to be Jackson standing out like a stud in a very good team is actually harder to achieve than you'd think.

Reply #354870 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Cedric Jackson. Like the great Bill Walton once said "you win all the games you should win all the awards".

That said, Wilson would also be quite a deserving winner.

Reply #354897 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

My top 5 (in no real order) are:
Cedric Jackson
Kevin Lisch
Jamar Wilson
Adris Deleon
Peter Crawford

Apart from Wilson, only went for players on winning teams

Reply #354916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Taipans are a winning team.

Reply #354917 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

DJ???

I can't believe people are mentioning his name..

Reply #354922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gotta be Cedric Jackson.

Is the NBL MVP voted retrospectiviely or round by round?

Reply #354926 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I think opposition Coaches get to vote after each game

Reply #354931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last season:

1. Gary Ervin (non-playoff team)
2. Julian Khazzouh (non-playoff team, bottom)
3. Adam Ballinger (non-playoff team)
3. Corey Williams (non-playoff team)

I thought it would be Tragardh but he appears to have given up on life in recent times so being a non-playoff team I think Cairns' Jamar Wilson storms into considerations. Despite his lack on consistency there is absolutely no one else on their roster to take votes away from them.

I agree with the humorous poster above given how good the Tigers were with Patty Mills over the first third of the season and how shit they've been since he left the NBL due to a lack of stand out candidates this season should just give it to Patty! How fortunate we were to see a player as good as he is in a league like the NBL.

Reply #354941 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

With opposition coaches voting after each game (similar to the Brownlow except it's umpires), anyone can win the damn thing...

Reply #354969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should only go to a player from a winning team IMO. If a teams bad they're hardly valuable

Reply #354976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mills was hardly mvp calibre. great one night average the next. maybe if he could have got consistent. not as good as jackson or wilson.

Reply #354980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mills was averaging 18.6ppg a full point more than the leading scorer in the league, 5apg which would be good for second in the league and had the Tigers 2nd or 3rd on the ladder with a 6-3 record.

Nah not MVP calibre!

Reply #354984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

numbers numbers, the game isnt played on a stat sheet. he was third in scoring but how many shots did he want to miss against nz and perth. its easy to pick on sydney wollongong and adelaide but that doesnt make you an elite player. grace, maher, these guys, they played well against the good teams.

Reply #354985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

patty mills played here merely 8 weeks it would be an absolute travesty if he won MVP.... it would make a mockery of the whole league...

Reply #355168 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:59 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754