hoopie
Years ago

so what did Steindl do wrong?

Travel when in-bounding the ball? wtf?

Topic #27831 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they have a similar rule to FIBA it is written below.

17.3 Rule
17.3.1 The player taking the throw-in shall not:
?? Take more than five (5) seconds to release the ball.
?? Step into the playing court while having the ball in his hand(s).
?? Cause the ball to touch out-of-bounds, after it has been released on the throwin.
?? Touch the ball on the playing court before it has touched another player.
?? Cause the ball to enter the basket directly.
?? Move from the designated throw-in place behind the boundary line, other than
from his team's endline after a successful field goal or a successful last free
throw, laterally in one (1) or in both directions, exceeding a total distance of one
(1) m before releasing the ball. He is, however, permitted to move directly backwards
from the boundary line as far as circumstances allow.

The inbound passer is not allowed to move more than 1m either side of the spot. I suspect he did thus was called for travel.

Reply #354840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fuck up bad and cost st marys the game

Reply #354851 | Report this post

Only thing more stupid I have seen was when Chris Webber asked for a timeout in the championship game when they didn't have any left. This will haunt him for life!

Reply #354854 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

I've seen other games where players took more steps along the baseline and got away with it.

Reply #354859 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Read the rule again, you can move all the way along the baseline and back after a basket.

Reply #354865 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

it wasn't after a basket hence the penalty

Reply #354867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hence the word "SPOT" Paul. There is NO spot after a made basket.

Reply #354869 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's the point I was making to Hoopie.

Reply #354874 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

A lot less than he did right.

I hope Gaels fans remember that.

Reply #354879 | Report this post

new in town  
Years ago

Its a bugger of a rule as well, if you take a time-out after a made basket, and it goes back to the baseline for a throw in - you can't run the base line any more, you have to pass within 1 step of where the ref gave you the ball back.

Reply #354884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New in town that is not correct. The status doesnt change. If the ball is advanced in the last 2 mins of the 4th or extra time then yes the ball must be taken from the spot opposite the coaches box. That's the only time it changes.

Reply #354887 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Why is there advertising links all over every bloody page now?

Reply #354896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

didn't there used to be a rule in the NBA where they could pass it "out of bounds to out of bounds?"

So the player inbounding after a made basket, if he couldn't hit an open player, that open player could step out of bounds, they could pass it to them and they could inbound it - I remember it was used in an All Star game in the 1990s...(maybe in Utah?)

Reply #354908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Xavier just did exactly that in the last few seconds against Lehigh

Reply #354910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can do it in FIBA still as its no difference to running the baseline with the ball in your hand. But again it is only after a made basket.

Reply #354913 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yes, but the call is not a "travel", and although the end result is the same, the correct violation should be called.

Reply #354925 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

The stupid thing is, the ref told him to stay there and he freaking moved anyway.. Clint admitted as much, said the ref said so and he had a brain snap.

And he did another bone head mistake that lost them there last game of last season as well in the NIT(Gaels up with under 10 seconds to go, Gaels inbound to him, he fumbles it out of bounds and they score)

That being said, the Gaels don't win the WCC championship or the WCC tournament without him, they don't beat USF in the semi's in Vegas.. think the pressure just gets to him sometimes.

Reply #354939 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

everything

Reply #354982 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

The haircut, for starters.

Reply #355386 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:02 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754