Anonymous
Years ago

Darkhorses for Boomers selection?

Ok, everyones aware of the usual offenders for the Boomers.. whos the guys who might surprise us with a spot

Dellavedova?
Markovic?
Bose?
Madgen?
Crawford? (i hope not)
Daniel Johnson?
Khazzouh?
Daniel Dillon?
Larry Davidson?
Ater Majok? (probably not but il throw the name in there anyways)
Oscar Forman?
Daniel Johnson?
Anthony Petri?
Liam Rush?
Shaun Redhage?
Cam Tragardh?
JEsse Wagstaff?
Steven Weigh?

any college players you can think of?

these guys are guys who are probably on the outskirts... but lets have a chat about who could make it through..... I dont mind Madgen or Bose chances of getting a look... wagstaffs playin decent ball.

Topic #27844 | Report this topic

Young Gun  
Years ago

Jordan Paige - has had some time in the Boomers Squad

Reply #355175 | Report this post

moo moo  
Years ago

bose and dellavedova for me

Reply #355176 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Daniel Kickert, Wagstaff, Crawford and Luke Nevill. I think the guys listed are aiming for 2013 and beyond though, the team for this year is pretty close to picked and will look a lot like last year's.

Reply #355177 | Report this post

sitiveni  
Years ago

Wagstaff could be interesting but i think someone like worthington will get that type of role, Crawford might get a look in. i heard some small rumours although i dont think are true that lisch maybe available somehow. I think Dellavedova is a certainty. he is a smart player and did well for the boomers last year and brown loves his play.

Reply #355184 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

heard word about clint steindl...i hope its bullshit

Reply #355185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely Brock Motum deserves a look?

Reply #355190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dellavedova is a definate, Only one of Gibson or Martin will go.

Reply #355191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tell me more about this brock motum charactor if you could?

Reply #355193 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

also whats happened with hugh greenwood? not a name i hear much about at the moment..

Reply #355195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Paul, ive seen daniel kickert play for Australia a few times and ive seen nothing that suggests he belongs on the team, nor luke neville.... luke nevill is just a slightly better helliwell and we dont need him either!

Reply #355198 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

yes brock motum yes his ugly but can ball

Reply #355199 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ha. I didnt say theyd make the team, just that they are darkhorses, mostly because they can both hit the jumper consistently, which none of the Boomers guards can.

Reply #355200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

point noted there paul... we must have the most inconsistant guard rotation in the world

Reply #355201 | Report this post

Doubledoubs  
Years ago

drmic?

Reply #355202 | Report this post

A.W  
Years ago

Lisch is getting married to an Australian before the Olympics I believe, so he could be a genuine chance.

Reply #355205 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Anyone who can shoot th ball from more than 10 feet out should be a chance right now...

Reply #355213 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Greenwood has gone off radar somewhat. having a tough freshman year.

Reply #355215 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He's got a long way to go to be at Boomers level (see Creek). But he's a pretty good chance to get there eventually.

Reply #355232 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agreed on Greenwood - some time off yet.

Given our depth at the 4/5, Motum is a long way off yet too.

Reply #355246 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Broekhoff Motum Bose

Reply #355259 | Report this post

Rob  
Years ago

Page, Steindl and most of the opening list are as dark as dark gets. Way way off the green and gold. Gibson certainty. don't know that Delly is a dark horse as he is already in the mix. Kazzough has a poor record against the 7 footers in NBL let alone quality ones.

Reply #355288 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

I would scratch Dellavedova from this list fellas. He is as much of a certainty to go to London as there is.

I really don't believe that Brett Brown will spring too many surprises on us come London, sans any major injuries.

If all our guys are fully fit, then it will really come down to the final guard and big position. Will we still take Damian Martin? Will Brown bring in Nathan Jawai? Other than that, I'd say we're pretty set.

In the final camp prior to the 2010 World Champs, Brett Brown only had 16 players in, two of which were Dellavedova and Greenwood both of whom he had no intention of taking to Turkey, so it really was only a 14 man squad. Bottom line is, Brett Brown has been working towards this for the past few years. He's seen more Aussie ballers up close during that time than any other Boomers coach in history. He'll already have a very good idea about how our 12 will look in London. There won't be too many surprises.

Reply #355405 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The Boomers need someone who can put the team on their back for a quarter or so and create their own offense out of nothing.

Unfortunately the only guy who can do that who us up for selection is Crawford.

Sure he's older and slower nowadays, but who else is there?

(that is not a rhetorical question, honestly wondering who else we have who can carry a team for a quarter or so like every other country has...?)

Reply #355420 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I suppose Lisch could fill that role.

Whenever Patty Mills tries to put a team on his shoulders it ends badly.

Reply #355422 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ben madgen?

Reply #355580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ryan Broekhoff??

Reply #355584 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Anon, I don't see either Madgen or Broekoff being part of the mix for London. However, they'll both strongly be in contention for major tournaments during the next four year block, 2013-2016.

Reply #355602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greenwood having a tought year? They were just in the NCAa finals.Tomlinson too

Reply #355614 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Greenwood had a tough shooting year. I think he's future Boomer. Tomlinson isn't up to it.

If you're going to take any college players it has to be the best performed. Broekhoff, Motum and of course Delly.

Reply #355708 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Greenwood had a tough season as he first battled a niggling ankle injury and his shot went missing for most of the season as Rohant stated. Nonetheless the Lobos still made a good run to the NCAA tourney... Drmic is also another one to watch who started off strong.

But right now...if you were to extend an invitation to the younger guys as part of an initial squad you could not go past Delly, Motum and Broekhoff first. Totally with Rohant on that one. However Delly is really the only one in the mix for London, the others will be pushing for a Boomers roster spot for 2014 WC's and beyond as Vart points out.

Reply #355741 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:06 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754