Anonymous
Years ago

Can we still finish bottom?

If we lose to the Taipains, Wollongong beat Sydney, then we lose to Wollongong in the final match, we finish bottom right? That will leave them 9-19 and us 8-20, or am I missing something. I know it seems unlikely, but no one I know has mentioned even the possibility of us finishing bottom. Seems entirely possible to me.

Topic #27852 | Report this topic

Emu  
Years ago

Doesn't matter.

Hawks won't beat Sydney.

Reply #355306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes as you outlined we can still finish bottom.

Reply #355307 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

we have to lose both and they have to win both

if we win Sunday they finish bottom regardless as we own them 3-1 head to head

If we beat Melbourne and lose in the Gong and they beat Sydney the spread will come into effect

If the spread comes into it the Hawks have to beat us by 21 as we are -8, +23 , +4

Reply #355308 | Report this post

BJF  
Years ago

where did i get melb from ...sorry meant Cairns

Reply #355309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for the confirmation and explanations of the various possibilities.

Reply #355310 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If both Adelaide and Wollongong lose their first games on the weekend, the Hawks would have to win by more than 20 on Sunday to move off the bottom. I think.

Reply #355313 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Neither here nor there, the team has been pitiful, the improvement has been minimal and with even less consistency. Move Clarke to a assistant role focussing on the individual skill sets of players, and leave the tactics, and game day coaching to a coach. Otherwise there will be a similar thread on hoops this time next season.

Reply #355328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

doesnt matter now does it! As if Wollongong isnt going to win today for Soup... Adelaide for the spoon

Reply #355786 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

YES

Reply #355843 | Report this post

Remember Apollo  
Years ago

Hey Emu, want to reflect on that comment? Another spoon it is.

Reply #355851 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754