HO
Years ago

SEABL & BigV Media

There was a good debate last year about the quality of BigV and SEABL media. Really interesting contrast this week, with both leagues launching their online tv shows.

First up, awesome that both leagues are having a crack at this stuff. Second, looks absolutely stupid that both seem to think that they should profile their back office staff by having them in their shows! Key message, pick talent because their audience wants to see/hear them, not because you want them to be seen/heard.

Both league's are using their CEO's/GM's, surely you would want to save them up for key announcements, or interviews over controversial incidents? Why not use an immediate past player as your go to guy here?

Anyway, here you go...

http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=3941&tx_ttnews[backPid]=262&cHash=5eceefee89

This is SEABL's offering. It is dull, deadly dull, perhaps audience threateningly dull BUT, it does contain mixed in Video footage, some graphics, some stats leaders etc. They used two camera's and it has some post production.

http://www.bigv.com.au/index.php?id=755&tx_ttnews[year]=2012&tx_ttnews[month]=03&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=2677&cHash=e1074ec8d00df699d14148d29199fd0d

Now this is BigV's. It is pacey, shot to one camera and looks like it is shot in one take. (I watched two of their four offerings). No graphics, no footage but it is entertaining, even if you don't get all the jokes being an outsider. People last year said BigV's media was immature, an I agreed, but I did not find this offering that way.

Topic #27864 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

SEABL is very corporate and Big V is well Big V. SEABL have done a very good job over the last 12 months improving there media coverage and could probably get some of their imports to come in and do some guest spots. They both have their own markets which they pitch to.

Reply #355449 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"audience threateningly dull" - love it.

Reply #355464 | Report this post

new in town  
Years ago

the sSEABLE guys are probably neck and neck with Carfino, they would be disappointed with that comparison.

Reply #355487 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Yeah wow, not kidding with the SEABL video there.. Two words in and i was bored

Reply #355490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might help if the SEABL commentators did a bit of research on what they're talking about too such as who the home team is, who and why players are in or out etc..

Reply #355524 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

big v is more comprehensive about all teams and alot of players while seabl talk about a few teams and a couple of players and seem to talk about the same 2 to 3 teams all the time,

Reply #355533 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Happy Days, I would hardly say that SEABL is corporate. You could use straight or vanilla, but hardly corporate.

Take a look at how their game reviews are displayed on their website from last weekend - awful.

Nothing wrong again with what is being said, but if you cannot make your page look much slicker, and embellish the review paragraph with some key stats, then you aren't showing a lot of effort.

Reply #355543 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I think considering the resources and time that Ed has available hes doing a really good job.Hes open to feedback and will continue to improve the product.Organisations who produce there own content are always straight down the line as they dont want to upset there sponsors or member clubs.

Reply #355545 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Again Happy Days, fantastic that both leagues are having a crack at this online video stuff. After all, we are here talking about their leagues and we did when you started the previous post as well.

To be balanced, I hate the way BigV do reviews and previews as PDF's, shits me I can't just read a page. That is just lazy on their behalf. I also can't stand it when they just refer to some as a nickname...

Reply #355559 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Agree HO about the nicknames.Sounds a bit like a boys club.

Reply #355573 | Report this post

willwonka  
Years ago

SEABL video needs some work, but the basics are all there and the first two videos nearly had 300 hits each on youtube. Maybe some players/coaches as talent, but it's not always easy to get great talent free of charge every week, so the guys have probably gone with what they've got.

Reply #355592 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754