forcey
Years ago

36ers v Taipans

We've suffered two heart-breaking losses in Adelaide v Cairns this year and tonight try to beat them on their hiome court. Not gonna be easy.....

I think Cairns will be super pumped tonight and this game could be a letdown unfortunately for Adelaide.

Cairns by 11 for mine, blog preview below

http://www.36reasons.net/2012/03/battle-of-also-rans-preview-adelaide-v.html

Topic #27870 | Report this topic

alexkrad  
Years ago

Cairns probably without Loughton or Crosswhite...

Reply #355585 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Adelaide have come in from $3.25 to $3.00 to win, either on the injury news from Cairns or perhaps a few bets influencing the bookies.

You'd like to think the 36ers could get this. Taking out Crosswhite and Loughton leaves the Taipans thin up front. You wouldn't bank on a win, but we have little excuse to not be favourites IMO.

Reply #355587 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

According to the Cairns newspaper.

"Crosswhite and Alex Loughton will both miss tonight's clash with Adelaide, meaning the Taipans' injury-plagued season will finish just as it started."

I agree Isaac with both of them out Sixers are favourites in this one.

Reply #355596 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

A few risky ones but $5 on it will get you a Six pack :)

Adelaide by over 5.5 @ $5.50
Adelaide half/Adelaide full @ $4.50

Cairns will be pumped up to win in their final home game is the only thing going against Adelaide

Reply #355597 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This will come down to DJ. He tends to play well when he shouldn't (Perth) and play poorly when he should have a good game (Gong).

Crosswhite anchors that defence and Loughton provides the spacing on offence that they need.

For Cairns to win they will be relying on Warren to have one of the games he has every 4-5 weeks where he shoots 6-9 from 3 and for Wilson to play at MVP level.

Cairns have been great this year although depth isn't something they have and they can't really afford to have 2 starters out even at home.

In summary take Adelaide everywhere above $3 that you can find for as much as you can get down and watch Warren shoot 6-8 from 3 and win as it always works that way. Although it is still a good bet no matter what the result.

Reply #355610 | Report this post

sunnycoast  
Years ago

are there any links to the game or just live stats?

Reply #355635 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

There's no excuse for Adelaide not to win this one. Its an extremely winnable game comparing the line ups for both teams. If Adelaide lose, then it has to be nothing short of a disgusting effort from both the players and coach. If I was a club owner, I wouldn't be putting up with it. Adelaide to win this one.

Reply #355637 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Boy I hope the Kings beat the Hawks tomorrow.

Reply #355642 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Down again!

Reply #355643 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Not sure what happened but the box score shows the 36ers down by 3 and Marty call a T/O with 17 seconds to go. Don't know what he drew up but Johnson was blocked on a TWO point attempt with 5 seconds left. WTF.

Reply #355645 | Report this post

new in town  
Years ago

We loss by 3 or so - I'm certain that seen by the coaching staff as a good effort in a 3 year rebuilding process , particularly since we only lost to them by a few points, in each of or 3 losses.

Of course it takes something special to maintain that kind of consistency when the opposition constantly refuses to field its best team due to injury.

My GF , after I explained that Cairns were without our equivalent of Johnson and Simpson, and were essentially playing with only guards and small forwards, thought it was quite understandable that they made 40 points under the ring against or 28 points as -- " well if they only had the little fellers left , of course they had to score from there - the tiny tykes probably couldn't make the distance from any further out "

Looks like I'll have my seat upgrade next year.

Reply #355647 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

that is a terrible loss by the 36ers......loughton and crosswhite out and still can't win!

a complete overhaul of the entire 36ers is required.

Reply #355648 | Report this post

Edward  
Years ago

Ordinary effort.. Bye Bye Marty!

Reply #355649 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Does anyone know why Wade didn't play?

Reply #355650 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

P..s off Clarke. Can't stand another year of this rubbish. Surely this has to be the last nail in the coffin for him.

Reply #355654 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Simpson , according to Clarke , is not a 30minute player , but his numbers look pretty good.
Brad Hill's look a little better than Clarke's favorite player.
As good as you think you are , history will roll you over.

Reply #355656 | Report this post

ayjay  
Years ago

Just looking at the live stats.
2.31 seconds to play Simpson hits 2 from 2 free throws to give us a one point lead and is subbed out for Herbert. Simpson finishes the game with 20 points and 16 rebounds clearly our best player on the night but once again is considered to be not needed at crunch time.
Herbert who finished the game on 2 points and 0 rebounds is however considered to be a better option.

We lose again.

I cant wait to hear the explanation from Clarke on this one. If Simpson was not carried injured from the court then our coach is a moron!!!!!

Reply #355658 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

ayjay you are very correct there. Another moron stuff up by our coach. Take the best player out of the game when the game is on the line. He had shot 8-12 from the foul line which is acceptable by his standards and needed to be out there to finish the game. If he was tired then sub him out for a minute or two earlier in the quarter NOT AT THE END OF THE GAME! It is embarrassing coaching but I guess we shouldn't expect anything else from Clarke.

The fact that we only scored 28 points inside against a team with their tallest player being what 6'7 is ridiculous.

Reply #355661 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Im sure it's all Marty's fault. He made sure we ran no offense in the post, made sure he subbed Diamon to ensure we would lose. Idiots.

Reply #355663 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Weak, whoever was ultimately responsible. Had $50 on Adelaide, so I apologise for the jinx. Should've been a 10+ win and never come down to the wire.

Reply #355670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ a 7 footer shooting 6/18 from the field is disgusting. Still can't believe the wraps some have on this guy.

See ya Marty

Reply #355674 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Don't get so upset, surely it was expected wasn't it? I have got past hurting, just doesn't matter any more.

Reply #355686 | Report this post

in2unme  
Years ago

love it how a few weeks ago we heard from clarke that the team was starting to gel (how long into the season did that take?) and things were on the improve. so if thats the case,how could be so far up and lose? another season in 12/13 of crap me thinks.
i love basketball but this isnt entertainment, nor will it be under clarke.

Reply #355717 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

The 36ers' players did well to get 10 more shots and 4 more rebounds than Cairns. I blame the coaches for making them miss way more shots than Cairns and for letting the Cairns guards get 64 points at 50% shooting.

Reply #355722 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Bizzy
On a number of occasions on this forum you have stuck up for Clarke. He didn't sub Diamon because he wanted us to lose the game, he subbed Diamon because as a coach at NBL level, he has no idea what he is doing. This is not just about this game, its about the poor decisions as a coach he has been making for the last 2 years. Why is it that so many games are lost with just a few points difference? Why does the team collapse under pressure? These are things the coach is responsible for and he does not know how to coach this team to overcome the pressure and win some of these close games. He is not responsible for a missed free throw but he is responsible for the game plans. He is also responsible for taking ownership of the problem that is the Adelaide 36ers at present.

Reply #355745 | Report this post

in2unme  
Years ago

so the 36ers v hawks game....whoever wins gets 8th and the loser gets 9th. i so want the 36ers to finish bottom, more so for clarke. the crap he spun about the team getting better. yep.....u still cant win on the road can ya? Only against perth.

should be a doozy

Reply #355746 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

But Bizzy's point is still valid nevettheless, Clarke alone has not, single-handledly, caused the Sixers to finish at the bottom of the competition. The cause can also be attributed, but not limited, to the play and decisions of individuals on the team, injuries and, in some circumstances, the officiating.

Reply #355791 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big Ads, if thats the case, one of the owners or the CEO might as well coach the team

Reply #355803 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Big Ads, I can coach the team. Won't guarantee I'll do a better job but could the results be any worse?

Reply #355881 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:54 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754