Isaac
Years ago

Larry Abney playing in NZ NBL

Larry Abney was workmanlike for the Sharks with a double-double of 20 points and 11 rebounds, with Craig Bradshaw adding 12 points and four rebounds. The Sharks did not receive much else on offence, with the rest of the team picking up 11 points between them.
Anyone know where he was prior to that?

Remember when he was a massive target by various teams? At one point, NZ and Cairns (I think) were fighting to steal him from the Crocs?

Topic #27871 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was released by Cairns when the owner pulled out half way through that season.

Reply #355588 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, I remember that but where's he been since? He had been a high-value target in the past, but now he's in the NZ NBL?

Reply #355599 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Fair bit of Argentina, little bit of Ukranie etc. Was on the start of his downward slide in his last stint with Cairns and has been playing minor leagues since.

Reply #355604 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Played a bit in the Netherlands as well. But I think age has caught up with him. I know he tried out for a few NBL teams this year, there was rumours about him being brought in when Mat Knight went down mid season. But obviously never happened.

Reply #355613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does he still fly doing that Stromile Swift thing where he crosses his arms and flaps them after a dunk?

Reply #355668 | Report this post

NBL fan  
Years ago

He played a few places mentioned above then retired for a year. He came back and dominated the NZ NBL, this year. He is 35 years old and averaged 20pts and 11rbs. Still really athletic and looks 29 y/o.

Reply #361944 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754