celtic green
Years ago

Javale for Nene? WTF?

Does anyone know what the thinking was behind the Javale for Nene trade? For the life of me I can't figure out why they would trade for that cancer and lose Nene, probably one of the top 5 centres in the league.

Topic #27886 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

You don't realize that nene has a huge contract over many years and is overpriced??

Reply #355738 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

Nene 13mil a year for 5 years
McGee 2.4 mil 1year

That's why they traded him to clear 60 million off the salary cap

Reply #355750 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Why did they sign Nene for that much?

Reply #355770 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

His agent has the gift of the gab maybe.
Good argument though he has great numbers always high on field goal percentage
The day after they traded nene they signed Wilson Chandler for 5 years 37 million

Reply #355775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nene is generally PF, Denver were lacking a strong center and with a developing Faried at PF and birdman as a backup, Nene's contract was expendable. I think better for the long term.

Reply #355777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nene is generally played at PF, Denver were lacking a strong center and with a developing Faried at PF and birdman as a backup, Nene's contract was expendable. I think better for the long term as it will allow rookie Faried more game time and will clear salary cap for signings such as Chandler.

Reply #355779 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

so they did not want to lose him for nothing last summer? Ok I can understand that. But why McGee? Surely they could have done better than that cancer?

Reply #355788 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

There was talk that the Nuggets have been pooping their pants over Nene's contract shortly after he signed it. McGee is on his last year, but the talk is he wants around 12-14 mill per for his next contract, something the Wizards weren't ever going to off. McGee isn't close to those numbers. Kevin Seraphin has done a great job and is almost replicating McGee's wizards stats.

McGee is almost the dumbest player in the NBA, a complete knucklehead was zero basketball IQ.

Wall is also becoming sh*tty with the whole Wizards situation, and I think by adding Nene they have made the right move. They need to piss off Blatche and Shard Lewis. They are where the Atlanta Hawks were 6 or 7 years ago.

Reply #355836 | Report this post

celtic green  
Years ago

They are hanging on for grim death until Shards contract runs out. They got rid of McGee & Young and now just need to get Blatche out and I think they cna start moving forward

Reply #355912 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:50 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754