Ballering
Years ago

Sam Harris

At 7"4 you would think the guy would do better than 3 points, no rebounds and 1 assist in a SEABL game. This is even worse than his game last week (5 points, 5 rebounds, 6 fouls due to a Tec). I am starting to think he is just a set back for the clubs that contract him.
What do you guys think about him?

Topic #27887 | Report this topic

KingJames  
Years ago

I thought he would have been worth giving more minutes to last season for the sixers just to see how he would have gone. If anything he got the crowd into the game when he played.

Reply #355748 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

One dunk then subbed off is all i remember of him.

Reply #355752 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If he was better, they would've played him. If he was any good, another NBL coach would hire him, or he'd succeed in the ABL. Conclusion: he's not good enough.

Reply #355759 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

If he was 6 inches smaller no one would have even looked at him. But if you take a punt on a 7 foot 4 bloke and try to develop him into a guy with a david cooper skillset. GG to every other center in the nbl.

Reply #355766 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Unfortunately, Sam Harris proves that height is not everything in basketball.

Reply #355772 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Still, thanks to a small moment in time, Sam made the most of an opportunity to plant himself in the memories of approx 5000 people who witnessed him throw down a dunk. The play may also come to be remembered as the single best play ever executed by the Sixers while under the tenureship of Marty Clarke.

Reply #355784 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Hahahhaha Bigs Ads that was well said

Reply #355806 | Report this post

new in town  
Years ago

Harris spent a full year with the self-avowed "best player development" coach in Australia - so there's little hope , unless a real NBL coach wants to give him a go.

Reply #355812 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Too soft & no heart is the word. At 7' 4 surely dunking wouldnt b hard?

If Marty couldnt develop him ...

Reply #355817 | Report this post

cobhs  
Years ago

Australia's manute bol..... without the political influence.... or the stats.... or the cult status.

Reply #355906 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

new in town....didn't he spend 5 years?

Reply #355915 | Report this post

basketball tragic  
Years ago

was at the 36ers game - saw the jam (I think it was off a set play just before a buzzer) and the crowd loved it - a highlight of the last few years

Reply #355971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harris gone.
http://www.seabl.com.au/index.php?id=257&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=4033&cHash=f370e7aba0

Reply #357054 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

Harris looking at replacing Anstey in Big V when Anstey takes over Tigers coaching job

Reply #357420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harris to Victoria? He left Victoria to return back to Tassie to work in his fathers businees. I doubt he would go back so soon, he is finishing uni and apprenticeship there I beleive.

Reply #357526 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:13 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754