Average OKKA
Years ago

Wortho All NBL 1st Team.That would be top 5 right?

It seems being named in the 1st team would imply top 5 in the NBL?

Love rehashing an old argument.....

Topic #27918 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Haha and that can is about to open up! Crazy to see his name there, I guess its as much to do with lack of depth to pick from at that position, because lets face it, if you were handed the keys to a team, would he be one of your main recruiting targets!? I wouldnt touch him at this point of his career...

Reply #356125 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Main recruiting target doesnt mean that he isnt in the top 5 it means in coming seasons is he going to keep producing.
I would have to say Worthington as much as I hate him can score almost at will in this league which would have to put him in the top 10 in the league atleast.

Reply #356142 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Each All-NBL team submitted by the voters must feature three outside players and two inside players.
Doesn't necessarily imply top five in the league. Positions come into play a little.

The other factor is that MVP voting is done during the season, after each game. I think the All-NBL team voting is done at the end of the season.

So Mills may have polled a bit in MVP voting, but not so much in the All-NBL teams.

Worth would've been up against other bigs - Tragardh, Johnson, Nevill, Schenscher and so on. Pretty easy to look at those guys and think "Well, stats were better than Schensch. Far better defender than Trigger or DJ."

Reply #356145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why doesnt he consistantly score then?

Reply #356147 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

All NBL first team. Regardless of calling Adelaide a hole or not, the facts remain......

Team is in playoffs.

Reply #356150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

15 points @ 43% is not scoring at will. Great role player, nothing more.

Reply #356161 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Perhaps he just doesn't get drunk enough Anon

Reply #356167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whilst Wortho deserves to be judged on his on court output I think most accept he's a better player than 15ppg @ 43%.

If he had the work ethic with his skill set he could be a pretty decent player in the top leagues in Europe, he's certainly got more talent than guys like Newley & Ingles but seems to prefer the relaxed lifestyle here along with being a big fish in a small pond.

Supposedly he refuses to do any sort of weights in training too. I always think of him as the NBL's Antoine Walker.

If he ever got serious he could destroy the NBL but he won't.

Reply #356172 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

Agree with the last comment! BUT in saying so he is still top 5 hahaha!

Reply #356199 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

According to the stats on the NBL website, Wortho is having a career season. By that, I mean a career *average* season.

2011/12: 14.8ppg (2pt% 47%, 3pt% 35%) 6.2rpg 1.6apg in 29mpg

Career: 15.5ppg (2pt% 47%, 3pt% 34%) 6.3rpg 2.2apg in 31mpg

Reply #356222 | Report this post

greg  
Years ago

Wortho does less pre season work than any other team mate. At least he did at the Dragons and does at the Blaze, apparently. He makes a real art of it. Won't be as easy this year with so much to do for Boomers' camps etc. Hope someone pushes him hard for that Olympic spot.

Reply #356256 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's the thing with Wortho, you think he should be better than 15p @ 43% but he hasnt been. The other thing is under Goorjian he contributed a lot more than his stats but he he went the other way in 2009 and 2010, being a black hole who would shoot his team out of games and pout at times.

I am glad he has found his old form in the second half of this season, mixed in with a couple of petulant weeks to remind us of his 'dark side'.

I think this series against Perth will tell a lot about whether Wortho is the superstar some people think he can be, or just another of the good players that are in bountiful supply in the NBL.

Reply #356270 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He was the only player i really disagreed with in this years All NBL First Team.

Reply #356294 | Report this post

greg  
Years ago

IMO, Goorjian got the best out of Wortho who believed he was an important assett to BG. That happens with some coach-player relationships. Wright will only get it from time to time.

Reply #356302 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:27 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754