LC
Years ago

Victoria to host games: Boomers & Opals

Victoria is set to host a Farewell Series featuring Australia's Boomers versus Greece and the Jayco Opals up against Brazil between 24 - 28 June in Bendigo, Geelong and Melbourne.

Interestingly, game 2 in the series will be played at the new $27 million 3,200 seat state-of-the-art State Basketball Centre in Knox - which will also be launched and the first international to be hosted at the venue.

Opals and Boomers to play in Victoria

Topic #27941 | Report this topic

ginger  
Years ago

What nba players are from greece that will play?

Reply #356489 | Report this post

Harry Balls  
Years ago

No word on tickets yet right?

Reply #356490 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Nothing in the article about tickets...although I emailed BA to find out when and where...

Reply #356492 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

The game at Knox will be a good opportunity to sign up members for their new NBL team...

Reply #356493 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

giner - the only Greek NBA player at the moment is Kosta Koufos of Denver. He was born in the USA but hold dual citizenship and represents Greece internationally.

Reply #356498 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Knox.. 3200? That's really small. I thought they would of made a 5000 seater :/

Reply #356503 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

It was originally planned to be 5,000, and there is talk that it has been built in such a way that it could be increased to 5,000 in the future if deemed necessary.

Reply #356512 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

This will be the Greeks 2nd or 3rd team. Much like the Argentina series a few years back.There is NO way BA have or can secure Greece's 1st team to come out here pre Olympics. (maybe if the olympics were on this side of the world, it would be a slight possibility)

Reply #356529 | Report this post

philly  
Years ago

will patty be there?

Reply #356538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's right before the Olympics - and I would think Greece would have their A team (unlike the Argentina series) given the build up...

Reply #356539 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Agree totally with the anonymous poster (who was actually me!)

Reply #356542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Greece waste their time sending a 2nd or 3rd string unit...? They will send their Olympic squad and use the series to fine tune things before London.
I would hope we will see guys like Fotsis, Zisis, Spanoulis, Koufos and Bourousis - health permitting.

Reply #356602 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Greece will send their 'A' team for sure. They'll be using this series as a warm-up to the Olympic qualifying tournament which is in Venezuela starting on July 2nd, only five days after the third game against the Boomers.

Reply #356610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When are the tickets out?

Reply #357545 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:29 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754