crazy
Years ago

Trevor Gleesson

I have been hearing rumblings all week about Trveor Glesson. What will happen in Melbourne? Will he be replaced or will players leave. Give an update if you have any info.

Topic #27956 | Report this topic

BB  
Years ago

Replaced.

Reply #356717 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Is this official?? Please let it be so!!

Reply #356725 | Report this post

Snip  
Years ago

Bit rough on old trev but......

Starting Trigger on the bench smacks of stupidity. I don't know why he did this.

Reply #356743 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Gleeson has been told his services are no longer required! d-Mac or Anstey will be new coach both currenting being interviewed !!!

Reply #356757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

could it be a D-Mac, Anstey combo with obviously one being willing to be Assistant coach?

Its great to see the more recent stars getting coaching gigs, i think its great for the league to have guys like Heal, D-Mac, Anstey in the coaching ranks.

I'd love to see a season when Gaze, Heal, Maher, D-Mac, Rose, Anstey are all coaching. Just great to have the past stars stay involved and their profile usually helps the clubs profile. A bit like guys like Hird, Buckley, Voss in the AFL.

Reply #356762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dmac should have been given the nod for last season

i'd also love to see a guy like bradtke coach in the nbl

Reply #356766 | Report this post

Dazzman  
Years ago

Now there's a fall from grace. COTY in Townsville only the be sacked by the Tigers the following season.
Was he released by Crocs or did he chase the money in Melbourne? If it's the latter, i'm sure he'd be regretting leaving North Queensland.
Would we be happy to replace Clarke with Trevor Gleeson?

Reply #356767 | Report this post

G Rudd  
Years ago

He was good for our club and as in every club, maybe some players might not have got on with him but his wife had breast cancer and they moved back to Melbourne to be close to his wife's family. Maybe the Tigers players have really BIG egos.

Reply #356790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@G Rudd....I think you're probably on the money there. I don't think Trev probably fits their boys club bill....he's a family man and the new owners seem more interested in half naked women and vodka for him to fit their mold. I think Short and Trevor have tried to make some positive changes but the tigers seem stuck in their old glory days...once they move into the Millenium they'll be alright. Sadly by then these seasoned coaches will have moved on. I've heard at their end of season dinner last night the coaches weren't acknowledged at all. Very unprofessional. I feel for them, they're great guys.

Reply #356803 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

1st year of 3 year contract.Would be at least 1 years full salary as compo.Might get a gig down at Warnambool.

Reply #356813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love the fans here. He's sacked. its true

Reply #356833 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

They chose Trigger over Gleeson similar to Melo over D Antoni.

Sad 4 the coaches & these players will fall on their swords!

Reply #356867 | Report this post

hoopie  
Years ago

Any proof? Any news items?

Reply #356955 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Everyone in Melb bball circles over the weekend is talking about him getting the flick....with D-Mac & Anstey being talked up as the replacements.

Not sure when we can expect a release but its be all but announced as everyone is tlaking about it as fact in Melb!

Reply #356961 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

There was a short one line on this from Boti last week which seemed to confirm the rumour.

Reply #356966 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Don't forget how he personally handled the Corletto situation, the guy is a tool

Reply #356977 | Report this post

Mystro u need to get ur facts straight on the Corletto situation... Unless you mean Gleeson trying to call Corletto but him not answering until the deal with NZ was done (which is when Gleeson started ignoring Corletto's calls) then I suppose you're right!

Reply #357061 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:05 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754