Anonymous
Years ago

Shane Heal to coach Kings for next two years

Kings coach for the next two years ! Some things change, and yet some things stay the same.

Topic #27960 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this confirmed now?

Reply #356772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

apparently announced last night at the kings end of season dinner

Reply #356775 | Report this post

hogwash  
Years ago

A sad day for the coaching profession in this country

Reply #356901 | Report this post

Absolutely terrible decision by the Kings Management. Their own Coaching Criteria listed on the application form was for a coach who had 5+ years coaching experience at NBL level. Heal has less than two and has one of the worst W/L records with the South Dragons and a 3/3 with the Kings.

If I was one of the other coaches who applied, I'd wash my hands of this ownership group until there is a major change at the board level.

If I was an agent, I’d be advising my players very carefully about signing on to franchise that make these sorts of short-sighted decisions. Would you want your star players under the guidance of an experienced coach like Joyce, or an inexperienced one like Heal? He’d probably make a great assistant coach, but not the head honcho.

Given Brendan Joyce was apparently the other short-listed contender, there is no rhyme or reason to this decision other than the owners wanting a 'star' in their midst. I have nothing against Heal personally - it's just that he doesn’t meet the criteria they set out so publicly when they sacked Robilliard.

Maybe they should have asked Goorj or Brett Brown who they would have picked? Or asked Carfino or another Kings stalwart. I just can’t believe they would have recommended Heal over Joyce, irrespective of the fact he played for the team and brought in a championship as a player.

And to commit to a 2 year deal is ridiculous in the current environment.

I said it on another thread and I am going to be true to my word. We won’t be renewing our four season tickets for next season. I genuinely hope the Kings do well, but with these clowns running the show, it’s hard to believe they will make the right decision first time when given the chance.

Reply #357050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They did ask Goorj.

Reply #357052 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

watch out Kings point guard. your coach gonna come take your minutes

Reply #357067 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

Why is Allan Black not talked about. I think he is one of the best defensive coaches the league has seen.

Reply #357188 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:09 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754