___
Years ago

ABL Rules on WNBL players

Is there any rules about the amount of WNBL players allowed to play in one team at the ABL level.

I cant believe the Norwood team at the moment, what is the point of the season this year. We all know they are going to go undefeated.....if they dont it must be because they all went to the same restaurant the night before and got food poisoning

My next question is why hasnt BSA done anything about it surely they can see this is SO wrong!!

Topic #27976 | Report this topic

razor  
Years ago

It's in the ABL By-Laws. They can have 2 not counting any who have averaged less than 35% court time in WNBL. I think only Amy Lewis & Jess Foley would be counted.

Reply #356932 | Report this post

rick  
Years ago

further more if the player was a Norwood junior and has played 300 games (i think) for norwood they dont count as a restricted player.

Reply #356933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And who cares really, puts a great big target on them

Reply #356936 | Report this post

Years ago

Norwood hands down winners this season.

Reply #356942 | Report this post

Coach roach  
Years ago

Centrals took em to the wire, their American had been here 3 days and not practiced with the team, it also seemed Norwood had to play a zone for the entire second half to be competitive. I don't think they are as fantastic as you all think , if so it will be a lions Norwood grand final .

Reply #356950 | Report this post

Rhea  
Years ago

rick,

None of them were Norwood juniors.

Lewis - Warnambol/Eltham
Foley - Wadonga
Herrick - Bankstown
Ireland - Forestville/Yorks
Stabile - Woodville/North

Reply #356953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just lucky centrals were all centrals juniors I suppose?

What about west were they all west juniors?

Ridiculous argument.

All the junior threads talk about evening out the competition by players moving.

Then the ABL competition gets that done and it becomes 'where did they come from?'

Sounds like you need something to complain about.

Reply #356956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think you will also find a lot of the norwood juniors saw a lot of minutes during the game on the weekend.
Pritchard rotated well, and they were forced to play a zone because Herrick went off injured in the second qtr. Saw some good things from junior Jess Good, I think norwood have some improvement ahead of them.

Reply #356957 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'956, they were just replying to someone about an apparent ruling on juniors. That's all.

Reply #356967 | Report this post

Green with Envy  
Years ago

I would think that those people who want juniors to even out would be agreeing with players moving whereever they want.
But some people still think that senior teams should be made up from club juniors.
Look at Sturts line ups. Women: 8 played U14s or before. 1 from U18's and 1 from another club.
Men: All played with the club and only the club. Will have 1 from another club when Darren plays.
I would much rather that than what Norwood women are doing with 5 imports and 5 juniors.
If I were a Norwood junior I would get out now because the club will just get rid of you in the future and bring someone else in from outside the club.

Reply #356979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By that Logic:

West juniors get out now

Central Juniors get out now

Woodville juniors get out now

South Juniors oops they have none

Southern juniors... and so it goes on

How about coaches need to stay with their junior club as well.

Get in the real world people.

Reply #356995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

when will everyone accept there are no rules, it's basketball.

Reply #357003 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:31 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754