Anonymous
Years ago

Perth vs Gold Coast, Game 1

what was that game the gold coast couldn't shoot. And what game were those refs watching. That was a joke. Gold Coast were man handled. Those commentators should not be in a final game. Just sounded like a big circle jerk over the wildcats. In a finals series they need professional commentators id rather listen to that chump carfino then these two. So lets here the hate perth chumps

Topic #27977 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth's to good buddy!!!! Every 1 just bitches about the cats!!! U a gold coast fan??

Reply #356944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah and i can agree Gold Coast just didn't step up. They didnt' deserve the win and didn't get it. But unprofessional reffing is just a disgrace and an embarrassment for the league. And man you gotta agree with those shit commentators.

Reply #356945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But the refs have been shit all season it doesn't matter which venue they are at get over the refs and just live with it They are only human and they will make mistakes

Reply #356948 | Report this post

greg  
Years ago

Playing Gibson with a torn calf was a dumb move. It's not a GF game 3. Those things get worse. Was it another "Wortho lost" game, except for a couple of nice 3's? Terrific effort by Petrie. Big fan of that guy.

Reply #356949 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

It's the finals, GC shouldn't be looking for the call, they should be playing for the basket. Too many early little calls.

However I do agree that the referees need to get rid of their little tweeting whistles to interrupt players going at it. It is ok once or twice during the game, but if it doesn't work. Lay down a tech on each player and then watch them adjust their mannerisms accordingly.

Joey Wright is an embarrassment to the league. The guy has no clue. T him up earlier and get rid of him refs.

Reply #356951 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Blaze were out played. Their lack of depth was very apparent and they seemed to give up half way thru the 3rd.
Also Deleon tried too hard, pass the ball before you need to turn your back from the basket!
Can't comment on the commentators since I was at the game but the wildcats played excellent and probably deserved whatever was said

Reply #356963 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Alexkrad has pretty much got it spot on IMO. Blaze started well but copped a red hot Wildcats in the 2nd quarter that blew the game open. From then everytime the Blaze looked to make a run the Wildcats were able to settle and get a good shot. They were well in control and never looked threatened.

As for the refs, yeah there were some wierd calls/non calls but nothing that seemed to favour either team or have a real influence on the game.

Goulding had numerous open looks - including a wide open 3 to end the half, but couldnt hit a thing. Last week he was redhot and couldnt miss but this week nothing went close. Unfortunately that seems to be the way for the Blaze this season, when they are on they are unstoppable but on those off nights they dont seem to have ways to grind out a score and get the job done.

Still, im optimistic that we will get the win in game 2 at home, I wouldnt be surprised to see it very very physical and then if we get a game 3 I guess anything is possible.

Reply #356972 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

At the risk of stating the obvious Perth are really good. So many ways to hurt you, so many guys who can shoot the three (Redhage, Lisch and Wagstaff all took turns are hitting back to threes in the first half alone), amazing defenders, guards who can finish at the basket (this was Warren's biggest flaw I thought, he'd often do all the hard work to make a tough drive only to blow the layup), good cohesion.

Reply #356974 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I dont rate Reid or Ronaldson as commentators. They're extremely bias & talk about stupid stats like who has equal minutes played between two players.. Or Reid's calls of "You have to slam in through the ring" or "what a slam dunk".
Very cringe worthy out of touch dad like calls.

Agree refs sucked, but Blaze were just out played.

Reply #356978 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I've said it before: Perth don't need the officiating advantage they get out west, they're good enough already.

Reply #356991 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

The only ref I noticed making questionable calls, both ways, was the one going bald but had dark (possibly black) hair.

Otherwise from where I was sitting the push and shove which maybe should be called was let go for both teams.

Reply #356999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

blaze are just too small to match up with perth
and will bow out in 2

agree on gibbo - i'd be very surprised if he plays much in game 2 - runs a real risk of further damage

wortho is past it too, just jacking up contested shots

deleon - i've never seen an import point guard NOT pass to a wide open player as much as he does

Reply #357078 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

They're small in that they struggle to match Nevill + Knight at the 5 spot, but on the other hand for much of the game we had Tovey guarding Wortho at the 3 spot, and I thought the Blaze were utterly hopeless in exploiting Wortho's size/strength advantage.

Reply #357084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still tallest player the Blaze have got is only 6-9.

Reply #357094 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:09 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754