MACDUB
Years ago

Jackson Injured; Unlikely for Game 2

Cedric Jackson injured in training.
Serious left ankle injury. Unlikely to play in Game 2.

Could be mind games on the Breakers behalf..Trying to get the Crocs to think he won't play.

But I doubt they would do that at this stage been down 0-1.

Season done? :(

Topic #27984 | Report this topic

Bball fan  
Years ago

Done, Crocs by 12!

Reply #357154 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Injuries are always overstated at this time of year.

Reply #357155 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I agree with Isaac, hasn't he been injured all season lol?

Reply #357159 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/basketball/6684223/Cedric-Jackson-injured-at-Breakers-training/

Reply #357162 | Report this post

AMAZIN  
Years ago

They did this last year with Abercrombie and Penney and they both played the game the next day.

Reply #357191 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

This is just new Zealand doing what they do: using the media to try to cede an advantage. Vintage Breakers tactics. Believe it at your own peril.

Like Isaac said, all injuries are overstated at this time of year.

Reply #357199 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hope he does play, want to see crocs smash them at full strength! Love how this series is turning out!!

Reply #357201 | Report this post

G Rudd  
Years ago

I think NZ Breakers are trying to play mind games. Crocs will be wary of this. I say, hope he plays so they can't whinge when we beat them. GO CROCS

Reply #357202 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

To be honest, G Rudd, the Breakers arent the type of team who will make excuses for a loss. They are pretty classy with guys like Boucher, Abo, Vukona, Wilkinson and Cedric. If they lose, they know that its not because of Ceds absence..its just because theyre outplayed.

Reply #357203 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Not unique to the Breakers. Blaze had stories about Gibson going down, and Perth had a few similar I think.

Reply #357213 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers aren't going to make excuses, NZ media on the other hand lol

Reply #357223 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The thing that would worry me as a breakers fan is Lemanis coming out and saying that Townsville didn't do anything differently in Game 1 to how they’ve been playing all season long. He obviously hasn’t seen Townsville play this year because their entire game plan was radically different on both ends of the floor, with Woolpert recognising a couple of key areas that the Breakers don’t do particularly well and exploiting them.

If Townsville played the same way they’d been playing all year like Lemanis suggested, the Breakers would be going to Townsville up 1-0 looking to close out the series...

Reply #357259 | Report this post

tyrell  
Years ago

mick- i think you have missed the point Lemanis was making- Townsville didn't do anything differently- they played very well. The Breakers on the other hand, which is the point Andrej was making, played terribly.

Reply #357271 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

exactly Tyrell, Breakers didn't box out, defend well or hold onto the ball which they have been doing very well all year and as a result got their asses handed to them. Should be a good game to watch regardless of the result

Reply #357276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh its a MIRACLE, Jackson is playing and started. 2nd year the Breakers have tried this weak media hype....

Reply #357474 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Are you serious? He can barely move!!

Reply #357476 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:36 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754