Anonymous
Years ago

If both semi finals go to 3 games??

Which one will be telecast on ONE HD on Saturday night?

NZ v Crocs? Or Perth v GC?

Topic #27999 | Report this topic

G Rudd  
Years ago

Well, neither will be live so they might just play one and then the other and call them "delayed".It's just a disgrace. 1HD want out that's why they are doing this. Tonight I'll be able to go to the game here in Townsville and then come home, be here for two and a half hours and then watch the "delayed" game. What a load of garbage.

Reply #357338 | Report this post

G Rudd  
Years ago

Sorry, I meant if the Crocs win tonight I will be able to go to game three and come home and watch both.

Reply #357339 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I reckon, Perth v Gold Coast at 12:30 a.m. with the Crocs v Breakers game tipping off at 3:00 a.m.

Perth & Gold Coast recieve the prime time slot because they are the bigger markets...

Reply #357343 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Doubt one will pay for both to be televised. Sky in NZ will probably pay for the breakers game to be recorded and then one will stinge and just use that..

Think of the absolute least ten could do and that's what will happen..

Reply #357354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both are being showed one after the other - at 10.30 and 12.30

Reply #357367 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

How does the ONE get away with airing a game in perth, for example, at 12:30 on the east coast if when you factor in the time difference the game has been finished for six hours or so in Sydney?

Near live my ass...

Reply #357373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you mean the other way around Mick. A game on the east coast in Perth at 12.30am.

Reply #357377 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Haha yeah, that one...

Or what about the games played in NZ?

Reply #357382 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

For the NBL, in terms of venue capacity and getting the highest possible GF attendance I think the preferred option (privately of course, they wouldn't come out and say it obviously) would be NZ v GC (possible 9,500 @ Vector and 5,269 @ GCCC.

But being realistic I think that Perth will win their series. As for the Breakers v Crocs, while I'm still tipping NZ to win their series it would not surprise to see the Crocs wrap it up tonight. They did go 11-3 at home this season....

Just on last nights game....was the attendance figure of 3,144 correct? Sorry but for a semi-final that's fucking pathetic in an arena that holds 5,269 people. It means there were at least 2,125 empty seats at the game last night.....smaller than the Blaze's season average (not counting the games in Brisbane).

Reply #357473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Re Gold Coast crowd: I've always believed this, and something must be done soon about it: GOLD COAST DO NOT DESERVE SPORTS TEAMS. The city doesn't care about sports, the fans are too blasé and just not enough of them and no Gold Coast sports team has been successful. The Gold Coast has the lowest attendances of all sports leagues in the country.

Not even 3200 to watch a do or die semi final. Gee, way to get behind your team Gold Coast. If I had it my way, basketball in SE Queensland should be avoided permanently. That includes Brisbane sadly.

Reply #357494 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

The Blaze average attendance at the GC Convention Centre this season was 4,197 and the semi-final only attracted 3,144, some 1,053 less than average.

If I were one of the leaders of the NBL (and/or the Blaze for that matter) I wouldn't be very happy with the turnout. In fact I'd be rather worried about it.

Reply #357499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For SA viewers, Game 3 Blaze @ Wildcats is being shown at 10:25pm Saturday night but Game 3 Crocs @ Breakers isn't being shown until 8:30am Sunday morning!

Reply #357504 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Holden V8, the average attendance at Blaze games was nowhere near 4100. Best get your calculator out and recheck!!

Reply #357514 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

According to Austadimus, last 9 games at GCCC averaged ~3,550 crowd. A couple of games were over 4,000 and only 3 of the games had less than the semi final (Kings, Hawks and Taipans). I think Holden's point still holds water.

Reply #357516 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I would say the crowd they got was to epxected for a midweek game with very high ticket prices. NBL clubs have long got below average attendances to early finals games, particularly on weeknights.

Reply #357534 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I'll admit to error on my part and Paul is quite correct. The Blaze average attendance at the GCCC for 2011-12 is 3,495, not the 4,197 as previously posted.

Still doesn't make the semi-final attendance look too flash though does it.

Reply #357574 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:25 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754