Mick
Years ago

I thought ONE couldn't get any worse, until....

So I tune into the Gold Coast / Perth game at 10:30 ahead of watching my Crocs take on the Breakers (scheduled, of course, at the prime time slot of 12:30 am), and the commentators lead it off with, "so stick around and find out who is going to face the Breakers in the final!"

What the fuck? Been waiting all day (and all season) for this game and it's ruined in a second, by stupid programming, stupid director for not making spoilers explicitly forbidden, and a stupid commentator.

I just turned off the TV. Couldn't even be bothered finding out who won out of Perth/GC.

Topic #28021 | Report this topic

Snip  
Years ago

LOL

That's so funny.

Reply #357660 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Yep. Another fail in the long line of fails

Reply #357661 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

That's terrible.

Reply #357662 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Thought the exact same thing!! Couldnt believe it!!

Reply #357663 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

thats horrific.

this is the sort of thing that the nbl should demand one publicly apologises to the fans for.

if that happened to my 36ers after i was waiting up to see one of their games i would nearly be in tears.

Reply #357666 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Whats even stupider is that even after having the result spoiled for them..the poster of this topic didnt put a SPOILER ALERT on his post. Seems ONE arent the only stupid people.

Reply #357668 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

i thought i saw a spoiler alert but yeah mick it would have been very easy and considerate of you to just omit which team and just say they mentioned which team was through to the final.

considering how angry you are about what they did and how unnecessary it was to name the team in your post it makes it a silly mistake.

Reply #357669 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

I love streams.

Reply #357671 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Yeah, Im so used to watching streams from Europe that it just seems normal now.

Reply #357672 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Unfortunately, the scheduling of the GF, and most of the semis, has guaranteed they wouldnt be shown live. Not that ONE would have shown them anyway.

Reply #357673 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

onehd may be laughing now but with the way mobile media is heading we may have the last laugh.

people can find streams now but soon it may be a much more reliable option to have it streamed straight to your computer/ tablet ipad/ phone than it is to put up with unreliable broadcasters. and then watch them whinge when they lose their revenue because no-ones watching anymore. already most state of the art tvs have very good internet connectivity.

Reply #357674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My computer shows a spoiler alert.

Reply #357675 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

@ skud:

I definitely put a spoiler alert on this topic.

Reply #357677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Couldn't agree more with op.
However I loved how they showed a close up of the "ONE SUX" signs lol

Reply #357678 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Also liked how the commentators were using out-dated "ten sport" mic covers on their microphones...

Reply #357679 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

And another point: we have to put up with Ronaldson and Perth Mug #2, and on the other side, Casey Frank and NZ Mug #2 the rest of the way through these finals.

The reffing has been bad, but at least it's been both ways, so it's refreshing htat the bad commentary will go both ways, too..

Reply #357680 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Cant stand Perth commentators. Casey Frank isn't that good, but i'd prefer the Kiwi's over Perth's!

Reply #357681 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

It's just going to be oone extreme bias against the other. The swing between the two will be amusing, that is assuming ONE live up to their sullied reputation and refuse to fly anyone else "that far" to call the game...

Reply #357682 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Oh well, if Carfino isnt anywhere near it then it's a massive improvement.

Reply #357686 | Report this post

Ingles13  
Years ago

Casey frank is actually a decent commentator and refreshing even though the lower pitch voice.

^^ the irony when someone calls someone else stupid for a spoiler, for not putting up a spoiler when there clearly is a spoiler up

And Mick mad crocs lost. The better team won bud

Reply #357688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frank whilst insightful rivals Bradtke in the clarity stakes as in talking underwater with a mouthful of marbles.

I think you'll find One will pull rank and the commentary in NZ will be Carfino/Gaze flying over like last seasons NZ/Cairns GF.

Reply #357689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for giving the result away Mick. You would fit in nicely with the commetry team with that stupidity (ever heard of a spoiler alert? or wording it differently).

Was good to see the commentators laugh when the One Sux sign was visible. They couldnt acknowledge it though.

Reply #357691 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is a spoiler alert!!! What is wrong with these people??

Completely agree with Paul, keep carfino and gaze away from the commentary and it may be enjoyable to watch.......at 1030 at night!

Reply #357693 | Report this post

rabbit  
Years ago

#691 - are you even paying attention?? THERE IS A SPOILER ALERT!!! So much stupidity here...

Reply #357695 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That "One Sux" banner made me laugh. But, at least they are showing NBL. There are some sports not even getting a mention on the sports report.

Baseball, softball, hockey to name a few.

I remember in the mid-late 80's when SAFM sponsored the local softball it was everywhere and the Crowvertiser ran stories on the sport. Today, the Crowvertiser runs pages of Crows (and the odd Power) stories.

Reply #357696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You al sound like old men returning cold soup at the soup kitchen!

Reply #357697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basicly, NBL finals have looked really ugly on TV terrible production, cvompletely uninspired... Its so obvious that One hd wants riod of it... Look forward to next years shamozzle

Reply #357698 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Jack you sound like a resentful Port supporter ;)

Reply #357699 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

One doesn't care anymore. The spoiler by Lachie Reid - a big Wildcats fan (number 1 ticket holder) cares a lot about the club, but clearly doesnt care about the TV broadcast, considering hardly anyone would want to watch the replay at 7am. And I can't blame him either.

I bet One wouldn't even care if the commentators started swearing or drinking during the broadcast -Semi Pro style! The attitude would be that no one will watch the broadcast anyway so who cares what gets said...

The cameras gave plenty of coverage of the One Sux signs too. So it's clear that they don't care what people think of them and have no intention of fixing the problem.

It's a shame it's gotten to this stage so soon in the deal.

Reply #357701 | Report this post

Years ago

I agree with the Semi-pro remark!! It would be more professional than what is in now!!

May be even some WWE style 'shoot' interviews from the locker room, cheer leader lingere matches and seeing Abercombie run from the stands and crunch Matty Knight with a chair?!??

Reply #357704 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

KET, no I actually follow the Cows, but I don't hate the Power. I just laugh that the Advertiser thinks the only sport in SA is Australian Football and that the Crows are the only team in SA.

Reply #357705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Put is comment could have been made without a spoiler alert.

Reply #357710 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

its possible that the cameras hung onto those one sux signs because the men working to bring us this footage care about the work they do and want to bring us their best work but are hamstrung by the boffins in the offices at ten making decisions that impair their ability to do so.

showing those signs may have been their way of expressing themselves about the situation.

we all have similiar experiences in our workplaces were the idiots at the top who have no idea whats going on on the floor and no respect for your quality of work but sit there staring at numbers all day undermine our ability to do our work the way we want to.

this is why i believe they hung onto those signs for an extended time.

Reply #357713 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

its possible that the cameras hung onto those one sux signs because the men working to bring us this footage care about the work they do and want to bring us their best work but are hamstrung by the boffins in the offices at ten making decisions that impair their ability to do so.

showing those signs may have been their way of expressing themselves about the situation.

we all have similiar experiences in our workplaces were the idiots at the top who have no idea whats going on on the floor and no respect for your quality of work but sit there staring at numbers all day undermine our ability to do our work the way we want to.

Reply #357714 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

Reply #357715 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

lol , sorry about that ^.

stupid computer.

Reply #357722 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:31 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754