Avv
Years ago

NBL GF Series will be on ONE, but delayed

Games will be shown on ONE at 10pm as per media release:

2012 iiNet NBL Championship Grand Final Series Schedule (best-of-three)

All times local

New Zealand Breakers (1st) vs. Perth Wildcats (2nd)

Game One - Thursday 12 April – 7:30PM – Vector Arena
TV: Live on SKY Sport in NZ, 10:00PM all markets on ONE in Australia
Radio: Live on Radio Sport, Live on ABC Grandstand Digital

Game Two – Friday 20 April – 7:00PM – Challenge Stadium
TV: Live on SKY Sport in NZ, 10:30PM all markets on ONE in Australia

Game Three (if necessary) – Tuesday 24 April – 7:30PM – Vector Arena
TV: Live on SKY Sport in NZ, 10:30PM all markets on ONE in Australia

Topic #28055 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It took me 3 emails and a phone call to TEN to get a straight answer from them (a few days ago) about NBL viewing times!

Yet none of this is up on the ONE online TV guide still!!!!

Reply #358056 | Report this post

CurtLey  
Years ago

I wonder if it'd be live in Australia if Sydney were playing Melbourne.

Reply #358059 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Is anyone really surprised?

Packer and Co have ruined One HD and with it the NBL coverage. One HD could have become Australia's FTA version of ESPN...

Reply #358062 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I agree LC. Doesn't Packer and Co also own Fox Sports? Guess they would rather have people pay to watch sports than offer it for free.

Reply #358066 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Pretty much expected after a whole season of the same... surprised they dont move it to 330am actually.

Reply #358069 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The Finals on delay. Nice work One. A great contribution to the Australian televisual landscape, racing to the bottom.

Reply #358071 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Yes that dick Packer part owns foxtel.

His old man was a gun and made my uncle very wealthy but he is rorting basketball

2 years ago when I cancelled foxtel they asked my reasons for leaving.
"don't need it now onehd is on free to air" I said.
I reckon over 50% of people who cancelled foxtel cancelled it because of 24hr sport on onehd and when "golden handshake" Packer crunched the numbers made a smart business move.
Buy onehd and shut it down, run it cheap (cops, mash) and watch 95% of the crew like me who quit go back to foxtel.

Reply #358079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Probably a major flaw in the TV rights deal for the NBL was the NBL not receiving a guarantee of x amount of games shown live in the contract. Can't blame ONE for putting it on delay given that the market who would actually watch the games is relatively small.

Reply #358105 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Will it go back to Foxtel or are we doomed?

Reply #358122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Less games but better timeslots next season.

Reply #358126 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

NBL will never be shown on Fox Sports again unless there is a shake up at NBL HQ AND at Fox Sport HQ.
Even if there was, the league is still better off in its current deal than they were with Pay TV. Yes games were live on Pay TV but only a small % have Pay TV.
Like i've said before, the largest ever numbers for a game on Pay TV was 35,000. This year alone we've had well over 10 games with more than 35,000 viewers.

Reply #358140 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The average for the first half of the year was around that I think. The largest pay tv audience was actually 52K for Game 5 of the 2008 GF, but your point stands.

Reply #358144 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:27 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754