Anonymous
Years ago

Mills in Spurs vs Lakers

Fourth quarter. Patty has 7, 2 and 2. 18 minutes.

Topic #28062 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

3/11 from the field. The guy needs to learn how to pass. Oh, let me guess, I'm a "hater", right?

Reply #358148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you can reach this website, means you have internet connection, which MEANS you have resources to go to one of the many NBA affiliated websites and watch the stats etc. Whats the reason for posting this info here from game that hasnt even finished?

Reply #358149 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Spurs getting spanked though, and Mills just jacking up shots.

Reply #358150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spurs fans on Spurstalk.com-

"Why is Mills jacking up shots? DISTRIBUTE THE BALL, you're a point guard."

"Mills just assured himself 0 significant playoff minutes."

"Mill should pass the fucking ball"

"Great flop, Mills."

"Mills is worse than RMJ"

They must all just be haters as well because Patty is a legend...

Reply #358151 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Pointing out data, e.g. FGM/A, is not hating. The data is irrefutable.

Making observations about data - e.g. "Mills missed X of his last Y shots" - is not hating.

Scrutinising a poor performance is not hating.

However, deriding someone's performance based on your opinion of the context it was made in = hating.

Now can we please just get back to the topic at hand.

Looking at the play by play, it didn't look like a good performance today. However, the game was well in the Lakers grasp by the start of the 4th - Parker and Ginobli also had poor games (the latter committing FOUR turnovers, where Mills had none, and no fouls).

I guess it's possible Pop sent him out to rest Parker, and gave him the green light to shoot - if he caught fire, then it could've ignited the Spurs, and brought his starters back on.

The data definitely doesn't look good, but then, aside from Duncan and Green, none of the Spurs played well today.

Reply #358153 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

'149, a place for discussion, specifically amongst Australians.

Mills joke threads or trolls have been cleaned out, but game threads are OK as people will want to discuss things. Especially if they're clearly titled.

Bynum with 30 rebounds!

Reply #358154 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

I'd like to point out that as fans, we don't always know what's going on with the team as the game goes on.

Personally, as much as Mills jacked up shots, I'd say put some blame onto Parker and Ginobli - a home game against the Lakers and they play poorly? turnovers, missed shots? hell, look at Bynum - THIRTY rebounds, you can tell there were a LOT of missed shots tonight and they weren't all by Mills.

Also, consider this: if you've been playing for a team for two weeks - one coached by Gregg Popovich, no less - you're shooting yourself in the foot by going out and jacking up shots unless that's exactly what he's told you to do.

Reply #358155 | Report this post

Average OKKA  
Years ago

He is an undersized SG in my honest opinion. Hot, Cold scorer. Simple as that. Can't control game tempo, can't get others involved, but yes he can get hot and light it up. Im not hating, just stating facts. He is not a PG and never will be. God help us in London if he is our starting PG. Id rather have Delly at the 1 and Mills at the 2. On a positive note the bigs will have plenty of Off Rebounding opportunities in London!

Reply #358164 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Here are some averages thus far which might surprise a few re shooting:

26/53 FG% thus far for the season = 49%
10/25 3PT FG% thus far = 40%
2 APG
(7.5 FGA per game, with 3.7 FGM per game)

Not bad percentages thus far particularly his shooting?

Averaging 16mpg (increasing to around 20+ after first two games).

I don't know why everyone has an expectation that he averages 10+ assists a game? There are so many PG's in the league who have a score-first mentality, and that is why they're on the team as well as very much expected to do. My beloved D. Rose I think fits that mold, Russell Westbrook etc

I think if you evaluate your personal expectation of his role and see how that compares with the coaches, then I wonder if that will change some of your thoughts about how well he is/isn't doing?

Not sure if Patty's minutes would be increasing if coaches weren't happy with him to date?

Reply #358171 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Average OKKA - you are very smart! Welcome to my club. I've been calling for a Delly/Patty starting backcourt in London for a while now. Let Delly run the show, and just ask Patty to do what he does best -score!

Reply #358172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah agreed

Reply #358176 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Pop has clearly asked him to go out and score. Like he did with Gary Neal, and lots of other small guards before on Spurs teams.

The thing with Patty that I'd like see most improve is his ability to score at the rim, ie. making a difference on the offensive end when his shot isn't falling. I think when he starts adding that dimension to his game is when we will see his assist numbers rise.

Reply #358185 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I love the idea of Delly/Mills at some stage for the Boomers, whether it is London or not.

One can catch fire whilst the other plays a distribution role as required. Delly can guard the taller opponent guard...has merits...and love the prospect!

Reply #358219 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:27 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754