forcey
Years ago

Player Spotlight: Nathan Herbert

I'd love to see him back, I reckon he'll be better for the run returning from his ACL injury plus it's not like the 36ers are overloaded with defensive stoppers. Being unselfish though, how good would he be for Gold Coast/Townsville/Cairns/NZ?

Full blog here

http://www.36reasons.net/2012/04/player-spotlight-nathan-herbert.html

Topic #28069 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

If he had lit it up from long range, I think there'd be more of a case for keeping him, but we may as well prioritise Creek instead who has more of an upside. They're not dissimilar in size, defensive nature and (this year) mediocre long-range shooting.

Creek played fewer minutes and won out in more statistical categories, including by almost 10% in FG%. If Herbert is still available later in the off-season and we need someone in that position, then maybe.

We do need to prioritise defenders as much as possible, but I think Creek is doing OK in that regard, and Bartlett could be worth retaining for that role.

Reply #358278 | Report this post

forcey  
Years ago

Good points!

Reply #358346 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I can't see Herbert coming back. By definition you have to shake up a wooden spoon winning team.

Reply #358352 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Its sad cos I like Herbie but he really didnt offer much this year and you can understand why they would move him on...

Reply #358355 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

By definition you have to shake up a wooden spoon winning team.
Then you have to write articles about how the best teams keep a consistent group together and how can we possibly contend while making so many changes, and so on!

Reply #358572 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:46 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754