Basketball Wizard
Years ago

How many ABL losses before coach changes?

Just curious how many losses in a row is acceptable at this level before a club moves the coach on?? 15 losses in a row doesn't look good I think once it gets to 20 it's bye bye!

Topic #28075 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

is that you todd, or brenton?

Reply #358337 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

depends on the situation I reckon.

Reply #358342 | Report this post

Brenton  
Years ago

Anon 8337

Neither but maybe you can answer the question.

Reply #358344 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Depends on talent level at club and the philosphy of the program.

Reply #358345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or if the players have any respect for the coach

Reply #358360 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

or any respect fullstop!! these days there aint much goin round..

Reply #358362 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

i agree with the whole talent level. Tough to get results with little talent compared to other teams. And there is a very big difference with some clubs.

Reply #358363 | Report this post

charon  
Years ago

Brenton, give it a rest. This is ridiculous.

Reply #358368 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

one club had same coach for near on ten years with nil success - but if nobody wants the gig then no time limit.
Take hat off to coachews who continue with little success - doing hard yard always optimistic always looking to the forward - get off coaches back unless you are one with some credentials

Reply #358394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

394, they don't coach gratis for ten years and they leave an almighty mess when they finally go. Seems some coaches make themselves indispensable by doing every job in the club and makes checks and balances almost impossible

Reply #358413 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

yes, this is true too!!

Reply #358418 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Those horrible people doing as many jobs as they can! Damn them and their resolve!

Reply #358421 | Report this post

trgic  
Years ago

yes just imagine if other people stepped in and took on some of those tasks perhaps the coaches could focus more on the coaching!

Reply #358477 | Report this post

All  
Years ago

A great win in tigerland without daddys boy

Reply #358521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont see why a club would bring coaches who have had no success in the abl and even the WNBL back to the abl anyway. Eastern a pure example of what not to do.

Reply #359408 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754