forcey
Years ago

Player Spotlight: Adam Ballinger

Wills Balls be back for 2012-2013. Simpson's signing with Houston probably helps his chances, full blog below

http://www.36reasons.net/2012/04/player-spotlight-adam-ballinger.html

Topic #28082 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Would only touch him at a very very reduce wage. Too big a risk otherwise.

Reply #358483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Of course he should, he was equal 3rd in league MVP voting last season.

Reply #358501 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

last season??? you mean he was 3rd equal most time spent injured last season, and the season before that...

i think the season before those is the one you are refering too...

you've just highlighted the reasons many are worried about pinning too many hopes on him. must be re-rated by the nbl, if he is a ten point player we must not touch. ild think it is likely that they would re-rate him though and he can come off the bench for us, he obviously deserves a shot at a comeback he has earnt that but yeah, not at the expense of not being able to put a team together.

Reply #358505 | Report this post

BIG BEAR  
Years ago

Plenty of other clubs would love to have him. maybe needs to play for a team the understands the loyaty eh showed the 6ers when they were in trouble goes to show .he can come back to the gong anyday please

Reply #358507 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

last season??? you mean he was 3rd equal most time spent injured last season, and the season before that...

i think the season before those is the one you are refering too...

No last season like I said (2010/11). This season hasn't finished yet if you hadn't noticed.

Reply #358508 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Those years he showed all this loyalty you speak of, he was paid for his services. So not sure what the point about that is? At right price, and right points rating can be a very solid contributor, but relying on him to be a star again is a major risk.

Reply #358509 | Report this post

Rocket  
Years ago

Hasn't he got one year to go on his contract?

Reply #358511 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No, I don't think so. Only contracts spoken of during the season were Crosswell and Weigh with a player option.

Reply #358514 | Report this post

phil  
Years ago

yeah the season is over buddy, thats why us sixer fans are a little peeved.

where did i say that balls is not wanted???

just saying if he is still rated as a ten than we could not pick him up without sacrificing putting a team together. but obviously i believe he will very likely get re-rated down and deserves a chance to try to get back to some sort of form, but yeah , it will be off the bench.

Reply #358516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will his player ranking be lowered after his injuries this season?

Reply #358517 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Should be, but not because of his injuries directly, but because of his output on court (likely due to impact of injury). Time spent to achieve those stats is taken into account too. Shouldn't be more than a seven, but who knows with the NBL.

Reply #358520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would like nothing more than to see a healthy Ballinger back at the Sixers. He's been a great player for us over many years. Largely carried us through some tough seasons.
Getting him re-rated to an 8 would be very handy and I daresay warranted after the years he's had ruined by injury and where he's at in his career (noone would expect him to come back and be a 20ppg player again at his age with his history).
Coming off the bench behind Simpson or equivalent (Williamson) and Johnson is a very competitive big line up.
I'd imagine he would take a pay cut. Both due to injury/expectation and for the betterment of the team going forward. He'd still be the captain and would be an integral part of our team, but he isn't a big contract, 'marquee' player anymore.
We came last this year, but with Ballinger injured and not replaced, we were basically playing with a tiny salary cap and 10 points less than the points cap.
Get a proper point guard for once, replace Helliwell's 8 and Ballinger's 10 together and we can get a quality 10 player (Worthington?) and we could build a competitive line up without too many changes. We didn't spend the full points cap this season anyway I don't think. I think, injury permitting (ie Ballinger and Crosswell fit all year), we had a playoff quality team this year. Definitely not a wooden spoon team anyway. Getting that back with a quality point guard and another Aussie signing and we could properly compete.

Ps. I quite enjoy your blogs on 36reasons.

Reply #358527 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think player ratings take the past two years into account.

Reply #358528 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:57 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754