Who else is a future Boomers player?

Greenwood
Cadee
Norton
Naar

Topic #28102 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson is older than Ogilvy/Baynes and only 2 years younger than Bogut lol.

Reply #358723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and he cant play

Reply #358724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if that's the boomers may god have mercy on us all.

Reply #358725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol Patty aint that old not to be with those guys. You'd also have to throw Broekhoff and Bose into the mix. What's with the starting 5 thingee? I can't see a future 5 ever looking like that. No doubt a lot of these guys probably will be Boomers one day but will range from starters to bench.

Reply #358727 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Nate Tomlinson?

Reply #358746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Johnson is great at NBL level, but will get exposed internationally until he puts on some size.. mitch creek is there in athleticism however yet to see much else to sday he warrants a spot, brock motum maybe cos hes doin well in college

Reply #358759 | Report this post

Jez  
Years ago

Having just read about Pledger saying his game greatly benefited from playing against NBA centres Pekovic and Asik with the Tall Blacks, you have to wonder ... if Johnson was a Kiwi his game would be even more developed, as he would definitely be in the Tall Blacks squad. Having said that he has shown marked improvement this season.

Conversely, if Pledger was Australian do you think he would have developed as much, given he probably wouldn't have gotten international exposure? But I digress...

Reply #358768 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's an interesting one with the Kiwis, the combination of the development work the Breakers coaches and senior players do, and the exposure to international basketball through the Tall Blacks are equally important.

I think Johnson is doing just fine. He still hasnt got a man's body but is improving, and doesnt yet have a man's attitude to defence but is gradually improving. He needs to speed that up though.

Reply #358771 | Report this post

Rog  
Years ago

norton didnt see any action in the NBL (even when he wasn't injured) .. wouldn't that indicate he isn't a future boomer.

Reply #358779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No. Jason Smith didn't see much nbl action in his first year, neither did CJ Bruton or Chris Anstey.

Reply #358784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My team for 2016 Olympics
G Mills - Gaining more & more invaluable NBA experience
G Newley - Should be a wise scoring guard by then
F Ingles - Expect him to mature & be sharing time with Barlow
F Ogilvy - A natural player, should develop nicely in Europe
C Bogut - Despite injuries I'll back him in to still be our top C
G Dellavedova - May challenge to start, has great International game
G Bose - Can just score in every way & is a great rebounding guard
F Barlow - A solid part to the Boomers & not that old
F Motum - Needs bulk but he has an Internationally suited game
C Majok - Throwing one out there, might develop & excel in Europe

Some roughies might be Cadee, Blanchfield, Gibson still, Weigh, Wagstaff, Madgen, Khazzouh, Baynes, Jawai, Ellis, Young & Page.

We'll see but we could use an Olympic medal

Reply #358787 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I don't see Daniel Johnson being a Boomer, ever. Too soft, inside game isn't there, doesn't have the strength or any real back bone.
Australia has so many other, better, big men.

Reply #358790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you mean, a bit like David Andersen when he was young?

Reply #358795 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

But by the time Andersen was Johnson's age he was already one of Euro leagues best big man. Johnson, not even close.

Reply #358801 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You might be exaggerating a little there. Andersen was averaging 9p and 5r in the Italian league and the Euroleague at the same age. He was on his way I agree, but after Johnson averaged 17p and 8r this year he could be on his way too.

Like Andersen as a youngster, he just needs to get tougher and more defensive minded.

Reply #358803 | Report this post

I think it's a little early to say exactly what Johnson will be. He has proven that he can shoot, but as with Andersen he may yet develop some toughness and more interior game.

Reply #358814 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Agreed.

Reply #358820 | Report this post

Vart  
Years ago

Anon,

I like your thinking, but can't believe you don't have Greenwood and Broekoff on your list.

Reply #358838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Australian players want to play for the Boomers currently or in the future, particularly if the current coach stays, they need an EU passport, so they can play overseas as locals, current coach does not give any credence,to NBL players.

Reply #358877 | Report this post

Japorms  
Years ago

Thon Maker

Reply #358888 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Ummm...Damien Martin & Adam Gibson made the last Boomers team and last time I checked they played in the NBL...

Reply #358904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mark Worthington?

Reply #358929 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

there's another...

Any future Boomers team will have a mix of players players across a range of ages. I donl;t think we would ever see a huge number of players aroudn the same age in a Boomers team hence the OP's original scenario will never happen.

Reply #358940 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:31 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754