Avv
Years ago

Olympic Basketball TV Coverage

Foxtel HAVE unveiled their broadcast plans for the upcoming Olympics - interesting that none of their dedicated channels cover basketball.

I recall in early press releases that a basketball only channel was on the cards (as they have in the US) but it looks to not be the case any more.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2012/04/foxtel-counting-down-to-olympics.html

THE CHANNELS
London 1 Swimming, Diving, Synchronised Swimming, Water Polo
London 2 Cycling - Track, Cycling – BMX, Cycling – Mountain Bike, Cycling – Road
London 3 Gymnastics – Artistic, Gymnastics – Rhythmic, Gymnastics – Trampoline
London 4 Athletics – Track
London 5 Athletics – Field
London 6 Equestrian – Jumping, Equestrian – Eventing, Equestrian – Dressage, Fencing, Table Tennis
London 7 Rowing, Canoeing – Sprint, Canoeing – Slalom
London 8 Beach Volleyball, Sailing, Football, Hockey, Weightlifting

"Remaining sports will be shown across a range of channels depending on the competition schedule."

Topic #28109 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

so basicly a kick in the teeth again...oh ofcourse, everyone loves table tennis yeah? PFFT

Reply #358872 | Report this post

benno  
Years ago

rthymic gymnastics you have to be kidding me?

Reply #358873 | Report this post

Alexkrad  
Years ago

Streaming online it is!

Reply #358875 | Report this post

K.E.T  
Years ago

They will be showing the Basketball, Andrew Gaze is commentating. Those sports not mentioned will be broadcast over a range of those channels, so basketball will be broadcast, just not on the same channel for every match.

Reply #358879 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

My Queation is if FIBATV will offer an olympics package for every game? If so i will definitely be throwing money their way cos that would be awesome!

Reply #358891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

K.E.T, any idea what the coverage will be like for the Boomers?

Will we see every game they play in full or just parts of their games?

Reply #358902 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I believe they'll be showing all of the Boomers games in full and live on Foxtel. Non-Boomers games, i'm not sure.

Nine, i'd imagine will be showing bits and pieces of Boomers games similar to what Seven did in past Olympic Games.

Reply #358907 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Always wondered why Basketball in general gets the short stick (This just seems to be one example of Basketball getting put on the backburner)

Do people not know that it is top 3 in the world's most popular team sports???

Soccer is obviously number 1..

Id like to think Basketball is number 2..Above Cricket.

Yet as fans of the game, we get treated like it is less popular than Lawn Bowls.

Reply #358909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET just said all Boomers games will be live and in full?

Why the complaints?

Reply #358912 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

"The landmark broadcast will screen all telecasts in full - all sessions of major sports will be shown live, every Aussie Medal will be shown live, and all sports and matches featuring Australian teams will – for the first time – be broadcast live and in full."

Reply #358918 | Report this post

Marius  
Years ago

Good to hear re the Boomers matches. Sure beats what we have been served up in recent times in that regard. Definitely not complaining in that regard, worth the $$, as there are a few other channels I will sure to be checking out on Fox.
Just would be nice, in a dream world of course, for a few games involving other nations to make it on a channel somehow. Maybe towards the close of the classification rounds, if they threw on a game or two involving team/s that the Boomers might face (if they make it past classifications of course).
On the women's side, more-so, not that I would be too interested, but they are again a strong medal chance.

Reply #358921 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:46 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754