MW
Years ago

NBL should push someone into Celebrity Apprentice!

has anyone watched the celebrity apprentice? thought it was pretty cool and somebody should try push an ex-NBLer onto the show like how Aka is.

my suggestion is Lanard Copeland. he'd be hilarious to be on the show, other than people probably don't understand what he's talking about.

Topic #28111 | Report this topic

Opt  
Years ago

Copes would be great to see but I think it would have to be someone that everyone knows, the only one being drewey.
I would actually watch the show if that was the case, this run of the apprentice au and the USA one on fox8 aren't appealing to me right now.

Reply #358908 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

People are going to laugh at you for this, but i agree with you.

Reply #358913 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it would be a good way to get people thinking basketball and considering them as 'celebrities'.... Id go for Shane Heal on it

Reply #358914 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Gaze...he stole the show on Dancing with the stars

Reply #358919 | Report this post

Marius  
Years ago

Yup Gaze would be quality I reckon. Geez the "quality" of celebs they come up with is horrible! I reckon even Gaze would say, "sorry guys, I got my commitments". As he would have had at filming time.
But still, I would love to see it!
As far as Shane goes, he would just be another ex-sports star trying they use to try to ruffle a few feathers ala Aker this year.

Gaze, I reckon would go quite well, as Crawf did last year. Good head on his shoulders, doesn't play games (ie get in people's faces for the hell of it, or trying to make a points, nor sit still in the background when there is a team issue), and I reckon would know when/where to use his strengths in tasks when needed.

Pipe dream though, the calibre of "celebs" they dished out the last 2 seasons has been deplorable. I mean I could off the bat pick 7 I knew, and that is only because I watched the season of Masterchef Marion was on, and used to watch Who Dares Wins back in the day.
Wtf is Hoff doing there btw? Not that I am complaining totally, but cmon, it is Celebrity Apprentice: Australia ... might do better than K-Fed did for Excess Baggage's ratings tho :P

But if he ends up winning, bleh.

Reply #358922 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

or Shane Heal - I think almost more recognisable with the bleached hair than Gaze to non bball fans.

Gaze would be too nice for this show.

Reply #358927 | Report this post

Alexkrad  
Years ago

Gaze would be the only one people would know

Reply #358939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apart from gaze, heal and bogut, are there any Aussie basketball celebrities? Are there any more 'household names' that the gerneral (non-basketball) public know?

Considering that no one knows that the finals are on now I don't think that there are any star players in the league now that are or are becoming celebrities. The publics awareness of the nbl is at an all time low!

Reply #358941 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Lanard would be bloody hilarious on that show.

His comment in a street game was gold a few months back when he told someone to google him as he was a legend after shooting a 3 pointer.

Reply #358959 | Report this post

orange  
Years ago

I reckon Helliwell should go on. Well known as a member of the fiba 06 boomers and recent nbler.

Would be good value on the program!

Reply #358991 | Report this post

Manute Bol  
Years ago

My man Ater Majok should go on there. He has mad game, great trash talking ability and has a solid mohawk. A showdown between him and The Hoff would be epic.

Reply #359026 | Report this post

chewie  
Years ago

They should get the hammer. He could then declare his favourite charity is himself and pocket the cash.

Reply #359192 | Report this post

ritz  
Years ago

hey guys there is one nbl player on reality tv... Adam Gibson's missus is on WAGS Nation which is on foxtel
Adam made a cameo. The show is like an aussie version of the real housewives but not as catty...

Reply #359707 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:20 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754