forcey33
Years ago

Player Spotlight: Chris Warren

The message boards seemed split during the year over Chris Warren and whether he should stay or go. I've done a blog on him below- who wants him back and who thinks it's back to the drawing board?

http://www.36reasons.net/2012/04/player-spotlight-chris-warren.html

Topic #28112 | Report this topic

Years ago

i'm a fan - love the you tube of him icing a 3 pointer buzzer beater for ole mis vrs kentucky.

Reply #358924 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Drawing board, definitely.

Reply #358928 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If you could sub him on for offence and off for defence he would be a very handy player!

Reply #358930 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I think he is a good player but not what we need - back to the drawing board I think....

Reply #358937 | Report this post

fletch  
Years ago

Keep him these are some decent stats
14.2pts at 40% FG, 2.3reb, 3.2ast,0.8stl and 2.9to
On a full 36ers squad with ballinger in the line up, he could be a real threat. Very handy with the ball and can hit 3 shot so well.

Reply #358945 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

Go Get Kris Clark from Mildura as the Import then every player on the court will be getting open looks all game, just ask Gary Wilkinson from NZ

Reply #358946 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Stats were OK, but need more D at that position. Also have to compare him to other import points, and those were:

Gill
Wilson
Jackson
Allen
Deleon (also SG)
Lisch (also SG)

Not even bothering to mention Glover.

Three of those guys were the top three scorers in the league (Lisch, Wilson, Deleon). Warren's stats were only really comparable with those of Gill. Can't really bring back one of the weaker PGs after a season like we've had.

I'd find out what Jackson costs or look for someone else. Deleon was very cheap last year so might be worth considering. Not too sure about Gill and I think Allen looked like he didn't fit with his team.

Reply #358958 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I wouldnt go with Deleon. As good as he is offensively I think he is much in the same mould as Warren defensively?

Reply #358979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

back to the drawing board - no D and we continually cringed when he had the ball at point - too slow moving it and gave the impression he didn't even know the plays then in the end of close games would drive and try to put up against couple of talls aaahhh

Reply #358981 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

JJ, Kris Clark as you mentioned: Clark, 6'2 is a graduate of Utah State University where he was the starting point guard for two years. An explosive point guard with great quickness and acceleration whilst a solid shooter his strength is in ball-handling, ball distribution and defensive quickness.

Reply #358982 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I've previously mentioned Torey Thomas who appears to be in the mould of Cedric Jackson at the Breakers...

Reply #358983 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

Tornado- Kris Clark - Most assists in one year in schools history 226 - led nation in assists in senior year (watched him play in Melbourne)MUST at least have a look at him I think.

Reply #358986 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Chris Warren was third all-time in assists for Ole Miss from memory. You cant always take too much from college stats, the pros is a different level.

Reply #358996 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

Fair call but 3rd at Ole Miss and 1st in the nation is a bit different, Report also is if NZ dont re-sign Jackson they are looking at him, but that is a big IF (Looks like Wilkinson has been talking)

Reply #359001 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 36ers need a better distributor at PG and someone with a bit more height. I realise if you haven't got much money to spend you end up with sub 6 footers but both Warren & Shannon were too small.

Reply #359003 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

JJ, agreed they should at least take a look. I was just posting some info on him for other posters/viewers to this forum.

What do you mean by looks like Wilkinson has been talking? Do you mean to the 6'ers or about Jackson?

Reply #359113 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

Talking more about Jackson , I know Wilkinson and Kris Clark were team mates at Utah State and he has massive wraps on Clark and Jackson has had some offers else where (not in the NBL) so is still unsure of what he will do. Good work on the other info Tornado. cheers

Reply #359130 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754