big bob
Years ago

ballinger to go

My spies tell me over here in Perth that Ballinger is out of there on his way to the Tigers.I hear he wants to play for a coach that does not coach like he is coaching kids great pick up for Tigers go you under 20 Adelaide 36er coaches

Topic #28130 | Report this topic

Mystro  
Years ago

Hahahaha what will the Tigers do this season, squad full of PF's?

Reply #359097 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Great move of true as it will free up almost 1/5 of the salary cap which means better balance across the team. It would also free up ten valuable points.
Import money + Ballinger wage to land a big name player could be very exciting for the Sixers. If the sixers run an 8 deep roster plus Daly and another budget player they would have a lot of the cap to splash about

Reply #359098 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

These rumours crop up every flaming year.

Reply #359102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might be an idea to check and see how Ball's ankle is before anyone signs him.

Reply #359122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might wanna check fan page update today, it's back to normal.

Reply #359138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good luck defending anyone with trigger and ballinger side-by-side

Reply #359139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I seen the AB fb fan page update today too. excellent news that his been cleared from the professionals. now lets see who gets him.

Reply #359141 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Hope the thread is true nothing would be finer than to have a proven player in the side. At least our coach can do his job and coach not like the coach of 2 time spooners soon to be 3. Caught up with 2 tiger players who both said it would take a bank roll for them to play under Clarke and his coaching team .

Reply #359148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballinger to leave? We can only hope so, we can only hope so...

Reply #359169 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

fingers crossed, he is a bit of a liability at the moment.

Reply #359172 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

I get ballinger to play in state leagueand get his match fitness up and clarke watches him to decide ifhe is worth it for sixers ,hes been loyal with this club,but i doubt we will see best of ballinger ever again,like mark davis gained shoulder injury never regained his full potential,i dont wantthat to happen to ballinger but gut feeling he wont regain his form that won MVP before.

Reply #359180 | Report this post

ganyemede  
Years ago

Ballinger will be playing CABL this season, you can count on it.

Reply #359197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Things is even at his best, wasnt like he was some amazing dominant MVP type, just the best player out of weak rosters...

Reply #359242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Four times consecutive team MVP and perennial league MVP contender, yeah rubbish.

Reply #359250 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

was only a 4 time mvp because Gilchrist wrecked his knee

Reply #359263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol yeah ok and the other three years?

Reply #359264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You really have to dissect who else was on the rosters those years, he had minimal competition to deal with, and someone had to win the award. I rate him more so on his game breaker abilities... he wasnt very clutch IMO.

Reply #359266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree beating out guys like Julius Hodge, Brett Maher, Luke Schenscher, John Gilchrist, Daniel Johnson, Aaron Bruce etc year in year out means nothing.

Bloody school holidays!

Reply #359267 | Report this post

Sixersfan  
Years ago

People are easy to critic players like Ballinger but look what he has done for our club over the years.

I agree the best maybe past him but he is still a very good asset to have, at a reduced salary of course. Hate all these keyboard warriors who 1 dont know what they're talking about 2 say he's this and that when they clearly never been involved with the game on a serious level besides watching Div 3 Mens

Reply #359268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well had Hodge and Gilchrist played full seasons without any injury/off court issues they would have each won a club MVP imo and the team probably would have done a bit better too.

Not that Ballinger isnt a good player, i see him as a really good player but not the type of player who is going to ever carry a team to a title. I think in the ideal world we would have atleast 2 players as good if not better than Ballinger, and then we would be dangerous.

The last time we made the playoffs we had Hodge (he left before the playoffs but was key in getting us there imo) and Schenscher who were arguably better than Ballinger, and had Hodge stayed on we probably would have given the playoffs a bit more of a shake.

Thats the type of team we need with Ballinger, atleast 1 stud import and an Aussie who is just as good/slightly better, we just havnt had that recently.

The only import who has really been better than Ballinger since then is Gilchrist, had he not got injured id say we wouldnt have won that wooden spoon, especially if we had a upgrade on Groves and a fit Burston all year.

To be honest for next season I would offer him the 6th man role with the average 6th man wage, we cant afford to offer him anything more as we need to add atleast one stud to our line up which costs money, and the Ballinger on top money era hasnt really worked for us.

If he can get more elsewhere then good luck too him, but i wouldnt bother out bidding him, id rather let him go and try and recruit a stud player with his salary/spot/roster spot and try something new,

i think fans would rather us get a fresh top line player who is as good/better than Ballinger and have a bit more success then spend big bucks on Bsllinger, risking his injury/age concerns and continue to be down the bottom even if he has a strong season.

All the best to Ballinger if he does leave or stay, and I hope the 36ers manage to pull of atleast one star addition to the teams good young talent.

Reply #359273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good point, nz have at least two players as good as Jackson, probably four come playoff time.

Reply #359291 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

PLEASE send him to Melbourne why would you want to stay in a pissant town come to a city where people are human. everytime we have played in Adelaide you feral lot have turned on your own like animals thats why we love flogging you.

Reply #359344 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:30 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754