Preston
Years ago

Wildcats stadium announcer - oh man

The perth wildcats stadium announcer is the most annoying goddamn man on the planet. You can hear him clearly watching on TV and he is unbelievably horrendous. Constant obnoxious WOO HOO HOOs, never shuts up, horrible. Absolutely no class. Feel sorry for Wildcats fans having to put up with this atrocity. Seriously I have never heard an announcer actually cheering like a moron - the crowd can cheer for themselves they don't need the bloody announcer doing it for them.

Topic #28135 | Report this topic

g  
Years ago

preston are you a new zealander?? everyone wants to be like perth! No need to worry about the announcer worry about redhage!!!!!!!!!!!! p.s wilkonson shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Cj won game 1 but lost game 2 for them

Reply #359194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats pretty rough dude. Redhage won the game for them in a huge block. Actually i think the refs won that game for them, (whoops i blew my whistle in a break away drive, wipe up the floor when cedrics on another breakaway) cj would have won both games for them

Reply #359198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's far better than Melbourne idiot.

Wilkinson for Wildcats MVP! Only one who could hit a basket for them in the clutch!

Reply #359199 | Report this post

g  
Years ago

The refs were mvp for new zealand!!! Game 1 & 2!!! Get over it every 1!!!! Perth are the best, Who has made 26 yrs in row???? I say no more!! When ure team can do that then start talking about
perth!!! Simple!!!! Got robbed in 93 by crouch n billy, this yr its aillen n hunt!! Suk it in kiwis n the rest!! Were gona bring it home!! n the games live on one hd just 4 perth!!! So don't be on the fourum!!

Reply #359203 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

g- you clearly missed the two calls that anonymous mentioned then- two fast breaks stopped by pathetic refereeing decisions. I think Tuesday is going to be a long game for you g

Reply #359204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah that dude is hilarious.

Reply #359205 | Report this post

bionic  
Years ago

let's not forget the refs allowing up to 3 seconds for the breakers to make that final play before half time with 1.8 seconds on the clock

Reply #359206 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Don't think that was the refs fault. That was the score bench seemingly starting the clock late.

Reply #359213 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Perth are hacks. No way will they win game 3!
CJ is a beast, going for his 5th NBL championship was so close to closing it out. Shame cause could think of nothing better than Perth losing a GF on their home court. Can't wait for Redhage to retire, he is an A grade tool.
Hope the Breakers win game 3 by 20 and it's over at halftime.

Wildcats=pussies

Reply #359214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i couldnt care who wins.. i like both clubs, however the reffs all year at the jungle just happen to be "kinder" to the wildcats than their opposing team

obvious to many people clearly as it always gets spoken about

Reply #359217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sadly enough except for the accidental whistle it was the best reffing performance i have seen at a perth game. And we all know why i say at a perth game

Reply #359219 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I feel like justice prevailed to a degree in the "accidental whistle" case. Had the ref not been in the way in the first place, Lisch would have comfortably collected the deflected ball and play would have resumed with the Cats in possession.

Reply #359220 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

... as for the topic, our courtside announcer does get carried away at times for sure. It's embarrassing at times.

Reply #359221 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I haven't minded our court side announcer during the season, though never a fan, but last night he took it to a whole other level. I really wish he would shut up, there are times where the announcer needs to rev the crowd up, but at no point last night did he need to.

I'm also getting sick of his constant commentary of the game and he yells into the mic. I hope he tones it down a lot next season, because that can be unbearable.

That was a phenomenal game and a brilliant atmosphere. The Jungle rocked last night, but would have been better if the announcer just let the crowd do all the work!

Reply #359224 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

This>>> Reply #359219
re: Wildcats stadium announcer - oh man
sadly enough except for the accidental whistle it was the best reffing performance i have seen at a perth game. And we all know why i say at a perth game

Reply #359232 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The constant music blaring puts me off. The constant noise is just too busy, I want to watch basketball and not get bleeding ears from hearing KISS or the MC screaming.

Reply #359235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whatever makes the people IN PERTH happy!

Reply #359249 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

The atmosphere in the jungle is 10 times better than the staples centre.

Announcer, Music and Fans all contribute to it.

Sure the new guy is abit over the top sometimes, but I think he is just trying to live up to Lochie, give him a couple more seasons and he will have a better feel for when to rev up the crowd and when to let the crowd take over the game. I remember when Lochie first started and I wanted to put him on mute too.

Reply #359251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"And we all know why i say at a perth game"

Because you hate the Wildcats and look for any excuse to negate their success.

Reply #359255 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its really something of an indictment on cats fans that they seem to like this crap - and lachie read was just as bad.. something tells me a lot of those who love basketball for the game itself have stopped coming of late

Reply #359419 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Anon why does nearly every game sell out if people who love the game itself have stopped coming.I was there at the game and the atmosphere was electric great to see some unbelievable shooting from CJ and Wilkinson.The courtside announcer is far better than that one at the gold coast that just sits in his chair and never moves

Reply #359457 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754