LC
Years ago

Anstey Calling on Tigers of Old

After all the unrest at Melbourne, new Director of Basketball Chris Anstey is calling on the Tiger greats to help restore the club back to where it should be.

Wanted: Melbourne Tigers of old

"I would love anyone who has ever pulled on a Tigers uniform to see them back at the club, any supporters, too," Anstey said.

"It needs to be an all-inclusive club and not so arm's length as it's become. We need to open our doors and get them back in a genuine, productive way."

Anstey conceded the Tigers must become "more exciting to watch" and he hoped to use his contacts in the US and Russia to secure the best talent.

I'm personally not a major fan of Anstey's, but I do think he is trying to push the tigers in the right direction.

Topic #28143 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

Does that mean he is the head coach?

Reply #359339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Director of Basketball means he is in charge of personnel decisions by and large, absolutely nothing to do with coaching.

Anyone who thinks Gleeson is going anywhere doesn't have a clue.

Reply #359363 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

Gleeson is only staying because they dont want to pay him out. Anstey will be making all the big decisions but wont have any pressure of actually winning games.
I've been told by a reliable source that Dmac has been told he's assistant coach under Anstey, meaning there are two groups of coaches - gleeson and short, anstey and dmac. And even more bizarre, Warrick Giddey is 2nd assistant for both groups

Reply #359366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just a way of getting Anstey the HC job within the next 12 months. it will happen

Reply #359368 | Report this post

Julian  
Years ago

Can't wait to see what those Russian contacts reap this time around. Muursepp was awesome.

Reply #359383 | Report this post

tropical booz  
Years ago

Gleeson needs another year to get it right & Anstey & these other blokes need to butt out!!

Reply #359434 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

Will Anstey Step down from his Big V commitments??

Reply #359438 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Can't wait to see what those Russian contacts reap this time around. Muursepp was awesome."

As was Eddie Shannon. Barlow might be one good signing he could influence.

Reply #359445 | Report this post

Mookie  
Years ago

Brett Rainbow is on his way

Reply #359517 | Report this post

Commen Sense  
Years ago

What a joke. The Tigers are seriously stuck in the past. Time to come into the 21st century. I bet Gleeson can't believe what a circus act this organisation is.

Reply #359637 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:16 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754