Jack Toft
Years ago

R4.2 ANZAC Day Round

Mavs-Tigers @ Mt Barker
Women: Mavettes couldn't quite get over the line last week and the Tigers felt the full heat of the top team. Tigeresses seem a little deeper than the Mavettes, but will need to tame that Madgen girl to secure the win. Mavs are close to a win, but not this week.
Men: Mavs were given a basketball lesson last week and the Tigers had a lesson from the Flames who banged up 3’s in the fourth to shoot out a win and steal the win from the Tigers like a dodgy pollie using cab rides. The team that learnt the most from last week’s lesson will get up tonight. Tigers should be that team.

North-Sturt @ Hillcrest
Women: North - Sturt clashes always bring out the best in both teams. Someone’s best won’t be good enough tonight with both teams having reasons to win, unfortunately, both have a lot of reasons to lose. I am thinking North at home, but Sturt don’t know how to lie down and die peacefully.
Men: Not even the power of the Sturt Sith may be enough to overcome the brut force of Norf. Sturt needed a bench of 16 last week to supress the Lions - a new Guinness World record. How many will they need to keep North at bay? North with all the answers, Sturt to wonder what the questions are.

Flames-Panthers @ Mars
Women: I am looking forward to the round when Webstats is working at Mars. Tonight, it’s probably best they’re not working. Panther burgers served flame grilled tonight.
Men: Norwood had the prowess of McGyver with a paperclip last round outscoring the Tigers in the last by 6 to win by 1. Panthers had a good win too knocking off the Westies boys who seem to be still in the starting blocks. This will actually be a lot better game than it appears on paper and could be a close one. The only difference might be the cunningness of Norwood who have shown that even when you think they’re done, you better put an extra kick in to make sure.

Lions-Warriors @ Stirplex
Women: The Warrior supporters would like me to tip the Woodies girls. Not this game.
Men: Lions with some soul searching this week with an agonising stumble at the final hurle after having Sturt on toast for most of the game. Warriors are higher than Jimi Hendrix after a 1 point win in OT over the Feagles. Lions-Warrior games always have great rivalry. I expect every rebound will be contested with prejudice. Warriors may enjoy the benefits of a hot shower after the game. There are no shower attendants at Starplex, so make sure you don’t slipper in the shower.

Topic #28172 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel an upset round in the mens comp...

Mavs to record 1st W

Sturt to beat North, due to north having no real guards, NG will go mental from the arc

Woodville to go down by3 at starplex

Yeah flames will prob get the job done.

Reply #360008 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

no lions-west game?

Reply #360026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North to beat Sturt due to Sturt having no real forwards or centres

Reply #360035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturt to beat north cos pero is coaching north.

But in all seriousness it should be a good match.

Reply #360040 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North to beat Sturt cos Pero is coaching North.

But in all seriousness for once North has more depth than Sturt

Reply #360046 | Report this post

Nba agent  
Years ago

Can someone please tell me the men's results for flames vs south, this whole stats web cast has become more than a joke.

Reply #360305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Told you sturt will beat north, and as for sturt having no real forwards.....the smashed them on the boards! I really dont feel north are the powerhouse everyone is making them out to be...Time will tell

Reply #360309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South Men over Norwood men by 4

Reply #360311 | Report this post

kev  
Years ago

Sturt women went down to north, but the sturt men demorolized north - Up 20 at halftime.

Reply #360312 | Report this post

kev  
Years ago

anyone know the results for southern vs eastern men/women?

Reply #360313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs women over tigers.
Tigers men beat Mavs by 10

Reply #360314 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South 85

Scanlan 26, Mattson 17, Robertson 15

Norwood 81

Krause 17, Howell 15, Matthews 14

South lead the whole game and were up by 24 at half time however Norwood made a good come-back to get it within 2 in the last 30 seconds before South closed it out at the free-throw line.

Reply #360322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North have no coach simple as that. Dumb players don't make smart coaches and Pero ain't the exception!

Reply #360327 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does anyone know why there are problems with the stats webcast? some of the results are still not up?

Reply #360330 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:15 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754