Emu
Years ago

Is DJ up to NBA level?

Taller and more athletic than Diamon, generally posted better numbers yet Diamon gets the Rockets gig.

Could DJ make it at this level?

Topic #28179 | Report this topic

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

No...will develop into nice Euro level centre thou!

Reply #359869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHA. How about questioning if he is up to NBL level first?

Reply #359870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #359877 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

No!

Reply #359879 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

"HAHAHAHAHAHA. How about questioning if he is up to NBL level first?" <----- Your dumb

I dont think he has the defensive presence at all to be NBA level. I think Simpson has more 'want' for the ball and a harder work ethic which gave him the opportunity with Houston.
I'd also be surprised if Simpson didnt outscore and rebound DJ over the course of the season if he played the same minutes.

Reply #359915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excuse me skud, save the personal insults mate.

DJ's efficieny at this level is pretty poor and his defence is disgraceful.

When the guy grows some backbone and plays for the team instead of his stats I might respect him.

Reply #359921 | Report this post

tripple  
Years ago

Not a chance! His defence is not even up to NBL level! His 'token' look for a pass after getting in the post before jacking up some off balanced won't cut it next year. People need to realise we will never win an NBL championship if we consider Johnson our best player!!
At best Johnson would be better suited as a 6th man coming off the bench for 10-12pts per game.
1- Aussie Potential Boomer Point Guard
2-Import (big scoring import) / Ng
3-Weigh
4-Balinger
5-Import or Aussie from Overseas
6-Johnson

So a definate NO for DJ in the NBA!!!

Reply #359939 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

DJ's game has some obvious deficiencies, but anyone who states that the MVP of any team in the NBL (even the wooden spooners) is not up to 'NBL standard' is just being unreasonable.

DJ is nowhere near getting a gig in the NBA at the moment, but still has a lot of career and a lot of room to improve his overall game.

Reply #359951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol Still school holidays is it?

DJ isn't remotely close to NBA level.

Reply #359957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

your all a joke as far as im concerned.... arm chair critics who probably arent even good enough for your own social teams

Reply #359981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah i dont think he is exactly the its bits at NBL level. What has he achieved really? Was the best player on the very worst team in the country, get the numbers he did on a winner, then we can talk.

NBA? Is it still scholl holidays?

Reply #359991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mate I wish DJ does get it together, but the guy is a selfish player who doesn't help his team-mates get better.

And no I'm no superstar but you might be suprised at who some of the people are who post on this site.

Reply #359997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard DJ's last game for South, the whole team in frustration agreed not to pass him the ball. And this is the MVP of a NBL team. Is this true?

Could never imagine such treatment being dished out to Messrs Davis, Maher, Ballinger, Cattalini.

Reply #360012 | Report this post

SRT070  
Years ago

I personally thing DJ could do alot better with a stricter coach to develop him more. Clarke doesnt appear to control much except subbing players off once they find their groove. that was what i noticed season before last, didnt see one game this season though so feel free criticise

Reply #360027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting thread. Not a lot of love for 'the future of the 36ers'.

Not saying recruiting is all about the fans but it's pretty obvious that recruiting soft interstaters doesn't satisfy the fans irrespective of the stats they put up.

When are the 36ers going to recruit some tough players? Are Clarke and Radford scared and not only prefer young players to veterans but also choir boys?

When is the organization and in particular the owners going to admit that we are soft and do something about it??

Reply #360039 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

dj might not be up to nba level but he has shown alot of promise over the last season, he continually scored well against opposition centres and he knows how to use his superior speed to advantage against them.

id keep him in the team over any other player at the moment, and not just because he was mvp. weigh had a terrible year, partly due to injury and other players maybe barring simpson were sporadic at best.

Reply #360100 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

For the love of Oprah people! Learn the your/you're difference. When I see those mistakes, it completely overshadows anything you might say for me.

Rant over, sorry.

Reply #360244 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

same goes for "definite" vs "definate"!!!

Reply #360266 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

^ Yep, a "friend" on facebook continually says "defiantly" when he means "definitely". It takes all my strength not to go all grammar-nazi on him.

When these mistakes occur, I almost immediately think the person is a moron, and his/her viewpoint is invalid. For example: "your dumb" = facepalm.

So, back to basketball. No, DJ is not up to NBA level.

Reply #360276 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:15 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754