Jack Toft
Years ago

R5 Sunday Sneaky Sunday

Mavs-Flames
Women: A great way to spend a Sunday. Getting beaten by the Norwood Lightning.
Men: Mavs will be wondering where their first win will come from. Flames will be giving it to them on Sunday, but they won't be giving them a win. At least the game will be webstated.

Panthers-Eagles
Women: What a great weekend for the Panthers. Flame grilled on Saturday, ripped by talons on Sunday. Forestville and wins go together like a dolphin and the port estuary.
Men: Two weeks ago I would have had the Eagles penned in for the easy win. Now, I’m not too sure. Panthers seem to be getting their act together, Eagles seem to have the man flu. The Eagles should win, but then again GMH should be making Holdens at Elizabeth.

Bearcats-Lions
Women: Bearcats is all sorts of trouble will find it hard to tame those Lions. Lions to cement 3rd spot.
Men: Bearcats season in freefall ? I think not. Lions will find it hard going today. No Miller time for them as Westies continue their road to finals.

Sabres-Tigers
Women: MOTR by default. Nothing like seeing Sturt getting beaten though, even better when the Tigeressess are doing it.
Men: The Tigers were written off after R1, but with the comp being as even as it is, could they get an upset win? It would make 90% of fans happy because as we all know, everyone barracks for their own team plus the team playing Sturt.

Topic #28185 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why no miller?

Reply #360162 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Miller is probably playing, but no "miller time". "It's Miller Time !" is an American beer marketing phrase for celebration. They way the Bearcats are playing, I doubt that Lions will win, but if they do, then it will be "Miller Time"

Reply #360171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West are yet to play there full roster and have played pretty ordinary so far & still getting W's, I hope they will gel soon and show us supporters what they have got :)
West women are pertty young and are giving it there all. good luck to both teams.

Reply #360310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOOOOAAAAHHHH.... west women are young and giving it a go?
Isnt that the line that we heard from Woodville, Centrals and Mavs over the past 4 years??

Reply #360329 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

nobody is using 'being young' as an excuse they should be winning but the just arent

Reply #360342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you people are morons, I am not even a west supporter, but the person who just said young isnt an excuse and they (west women) should be winning and they arent clearly has no efin idea!! Out of all the clubs, they are one that has been unfortunate to lose a number of dominant and talented along with experienced players on their roster. So who ever you are, shut your mouth as you have no idea what you are saying!!

Reply #360363 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

West men are on fire! Awesome game to watch today.

Reply #360365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't care how many players you lose when you only score 33 points in 40 minutes and shoot 17% for the game. Not anywhere good enough at this level

Reply #360366 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone know results of southern vs sturt???

Reply #360367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

South men over forestville men

Reply #360370 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Women: southern beat Sturt by 20.
Men: Sturt beat southern by 15.

Reply #360371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

25!!

Reply #360373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WOW! Forrestville 3L's in a row......and South are doing really well, people were counting them down and out and they are proving everyone wrong.
Go west Men, DJ to suit up next game that will be for 1st position! and come on, give the girls a break...they are young and giving it a crack, they lost a few great players, but I'll tell you what its not them making the "Young excuse" we understand the situation and will support them all the way. It's not an excuse, it's reality...how about we keep the negative comments to ourself and you support your teams and we will post posivive stuff about ours....

Reply #360385 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Here here 385!!!!

Reply #360401 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

I wonder what kind of impact DJ will have on West. Blake has been playing really well at the moment and what be happy when he doesn't see the ball anymore and knowing both players I can tell you now they will clash big time! It won't be long before you see Blake yelling at DJ on court!!!
And how does Knight feel about this? Only a couple of seasons back was a very dominant player who now struggles to play 20 minutes and is only averaging 8 points and under 7 rebounds a game. He is another one that will see his minutes effected by DJ playing.
Will we see another player return to Woodville after leaving the Warriors?

Reply #360409 | Report this post

SW  
Years ago

Great work Brad. You obviously have no idea how Blake operates.

With Dowdell's addition to the squad last year he flourished. His old legs can't do the whole game like they used to. With another quality big on the roster he can play fresher and with greater intensity. DJ playing finals this season unlike Dowdells exit last year should enhance West's finals chances.

Knight is no offensive threat. His attack on the ball and the glass is superb.

If he has a role to play and wins the title with West why the hell would he go back to the Worriers?

Reply #360425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm really shocked by South's results so far, their men's group were a disgrace in the pre-season. I think they lost by twenty + to just about everybody.

Reply #360449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just a comment on the fairness of two rounds in one weekend (for some teams?)

Rather than some teams have one game on Anzac day and then only one game on the weekend vs teams having two games in 19 hours ( eg bottom team south women having to play Norwood on Saturday and then front up 19 hours later against a fresh undefeated eagles team who last played 4 days earlier = tough)

Much fairer for there to be two matches on anzac day and then the same 4 teams play one of the teams from the other anzac day match on the weekend - this way all the teams playing two matches in 24 hours would be treated equally

Reply #360451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

or why not everybody get to play a game on Anzac day. Think that would be fantastic

Reply #360455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but then again Eastern had to host two home games on the weekend. they had Southern on sat night then back it up to norwood yesterday. Many teams had double header weekends.

Forestville and West played on the wednesday it is true but can anyone tell me why Woodville and North didn't play two rounds this week?

Reply #360456 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

SW, so how did Blake go with the addition to Matt Dubrich on his team a few years back?
Don't worry about me I know very well how Blake operates after all I have played on the same side as him.
Trust me, DJ's nonchalant attitude will be impossible for Blake to deal with!

Reply #360461 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

so now Eagles dont want the anzac day clash - no other club should have to forced to take uyp this day and thensuffer as a result of short rest Eagles Wanted IT Eagles have it

Reply #360467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How come Tanis didnt play v sturt??

Reply #360474 | Report this post

SW  
Years ago

Brad, in your own words " a few years back"
I don't disagree that the Dubrich/Truslove partnership wasn't great.
But you are talking some years down the track with an ageing tall that no longer resents the support.
Dj's attitude may be a stickler. That's the only unknown that may put a spanner in the works.
Any way you look at it that frontcourt is looking ominous.

Reply #360487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was no Dubrich/Truslove partnership morons. Dubrich was a squad player at best.

Reply #360507 | Report this post

How long  
Years ago

If you look at box scores Tanis played 3 minutes against Eastern and then didn't play against sturt due to a leg injury... Would have been a much different game with him playing....

Reply #360510 | Report this post

The Brad  
Years ago

They both played on the same team Anon at some point in time whether it was on the court in SBL winter and summer season or in reserves or on the training court, so don't pretend it didn't happen! And Blake was just as frustrated with Dubrich as he probably will be with DJ.
Both show absolutely no emotion and don't seem to care if they win or lose...the complete opposite to Truslove!
Only time will tell I guess...

Reply #360513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville north have a FRIDAY/SATURDAY double header in the corresponding round during the second half of the season, Friday night St. Clair, Saturday at hillcrest. No idea why but thats what is happening

Reply #360514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just wondering how forestville can have Borrego on the score sheet for them when she happened to be Perth playing for the thunderbirds Sunday?

Reply #360522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clubs are given a draft draw then they give some feedback and changes are done I beleive if both clubs agree.

Reply #360524 | Report this post

Digger  
Years ago

Annon, Who said Eagles didn't want Anzac day clash...
Can't imagine why they wouldn't based on the games & the crowd..

Reply #360533 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

-513 - The Brad.
I think you will find Truslove wasn't the only one frustrated with Dubrich.
Anyone who ever saw the guy play could be put in the the frustrated category.
-and can we please stop comparing DJ to Dubrich.
Two total different ends of the spectrum - one is the sixers MVP and a force at NBL level and the other was lucky to get on in garbage time in ABL.

Reply #360551 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:19 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754