clarky
Years ago

Derrick Rose Injured in Game 1

Made this thread a spoiler, because I'm not sure if this game will be replayed on ESPN in AUS or not.

This is from the official report from ESPN.com about the injury Rose suffered in Game 1 of the series against the 76ers.

CHICAGO -- Chicago Bulls guard Derrick Rose suffered a torn ACL in his left knee and will miss the rest of the season, the team announced Saturday.

Rose suffered the injury while trying to leap off his left foot in the lane with 1:10 left in Saturday's playoff game against the Philadelphia 76ers.

Full Article Here

Topic #28196 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

Did anyone put any serious money on the Bulls for the championship?

Reply #360325 | Report this post

clarky  
Years ago

I didn't, but I did jump on Memphis for the Western Conference Title @ $11!

In other injury news:

New York Knicks rookie Iman Shumpert suffered a torn left ACL and lateral meniscus, an MRI revealed on Saturday. He is expected to miss 6-8 months following surgery, according to the team.

ESPN Article here

Are these injuries a result of the compressed NBA schedule due to the lockout, or are they just horrible cases of bad luck?

Reply #360337 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Why was Rose on the court with 1.10 remaining & a double digit lead?

Reply #360339 | Report this post

Latrentis  
Years ago

That's probably what his coach will be saying when the Bulls lose in the next round orbit. Such a shame as Bulls were favourites to beat Miami for the Eastern title. Best of luck to Rose for his recovery ahead.

Reply #360341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lebron just got a hall pass. For 3/4 at least.

Reply #360343 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Orbit, coach said that the gap was closing and momentum wasn't with them when he reinserted Rose.

Reply #360345 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Bad news for Rose and the Bulls...

Reply #360346 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Already been discussed on ESPN, basically Thibs likes to finish with his starters, and thats simply what you get with him as a Bulls fan. Nothing out of the ordinary for his coaching style, just an unfortunate thing. Adidas would be stressing big time right now as much as anyone!!

Reply #360347 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

cant blame schedule on either incident. Both did them under no contact, its just a sad fluke thing to happen. Irving just got 1 step closer to Team USA though.

Reply #360352 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Unfortunate turn of events for Rose and the Bulls. I had them as favourites for the East before Rose's injuries started mounting up. Rose v Westbrook in the Finals would have been something to see!

Can't really blame the coach for a freak injury like that. Besides, the way it happened, he didn't appear to be putting the knee under unusual duress. I'd say there was a weakness there and if it didn't happen in this game, it probably would have happened in the next one anyway.

Probably won't be at his best for at least a year, but hopefully he comes back strong in the long-term.

Miami now the team to beat in the East, but I think they are vulnerable to Boston and Indy, because of their weak frontcourt. Still, those two have to get over ATL and ORL respectively and that is far from guaranteed at this stage!

Reply #360356 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

unfortunately its a fitting finish for a shocker of a year

Reply #360357 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My first thought was 'Rose missed nearly half the season and the bulls still finish on top of the East, surely they can still challenge for the title!' But then i looked at their win lose without him

With Rose: 32-7 (6 L's against playoff teams and 5 on the 2nd of a back-to-back)
Without Rose: 18-9 (Still really good but not in playoffs when the competition steps up)

If they beat Philly there's no chance they'll make it passed Boston or Atlanta in the second round!

Reply #360364 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I reckon Miami will win the East & would have with a fit Rose as well. Lebron is such a great player!!

Reply #360381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im a Philly fan and this is still devastating. All the best!

Reply #360386 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Highlights the importance of depth and maybe the opportunity will unearth another LIN or MILLS...

Got to look to positives I guess!

It didn't look like he did much wrong, what an unlucky injury, all the best in your recovery...

Reply #360389 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:32 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754