Isaac
Years ago

Hinder re-signs with Crocs for two years

...Townsville Crocs captain Hinder would remain at the NBL club for at least another two years.

When many wrote off the power forward, he defied the odds to fight his way back from a horrific broken leg to extend his career.

It was announced at the club's MVP dinner on Saturday night and met with thunderous applause.
It is understood Hinder is taking a substantial pay cut to remain at the Crocs, which has meant he has had to move house.
Good signing in that case, IMO.

Topic #28202 | Report this topic

kobe24  
Years ago

He'd be on peanuts now, sucks for him! But still a great job to have compared to many out there!

Reply #360447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good On him. But ah, Peanuts? kobe24 your not real familiar with how much these guys actually get paid are you! Maybe in comparison to an NBA player, but in comparison to the regular you or I, I'd be happy with their "Peanuts"!!!

Reply #360469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$50K

Reply #360470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trust me, NBL players make peanuts compared to other sports. And it may seem like a dream job, but it requires a hell of a lot of work and travel time away from your loved ones.

Reply #360475 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

This is a sad story with a happy ending. Rusty gets to play a little more while they wait to slot him into the Assistant Coach role, he is getting the NBL minimum payment for a contracted player. Im not going to post how much here, people who already know what the minimum is will know. Russell deserves a fitting end to what has been a solid NBL playing career and a decent shot at an NBL coaching career.
Years away I know, but the Kings could do a lot worse for an Assistant Coach than Russell Hinder when the Townsville years are over.

Reply #360478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I do believe the minimum wage for a player on the full-time roster is $30K?

Reply #360490 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Im quite aware what they make, and like I said peanuts, for a guy coming off such a horrific injury... Best of luck to him though, great personality for the league. Some of his post game interviews are insane!

Reply #360494 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

I'd take minimum wage to be able to play basketball for a career. You live within your means.

But anyway, good pick up. Rusty is also a major part of the relationship the Crocs have with their community.

Reply #360508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So...
G I would look at bringing in a scoring upgrade on Gill
G Crawford a lock. Michael Cedar can walk
F Unless they can score a star recruit (Rush) then Blanch can start
F Holmes and Hinder to take PF
C Need a good replacement here. Mabe an import

Reply #360698 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754