The truth
Years ago

Blue Army ...

Watching all of the centrals away games so far this season ... one thing has stuck out .... How poor other teams supports are !!!! at the game at pasadena centrals fans actually out number sturt fans ... we had the defense chant going at an away game the blue army was every where to be seen

... North a club known to have a good following .. yet again the blue army was out numbering any north fans... its like people are scared to make some noise ...

other staudiums are just boreing the music is crap from linkin park to hillary duff .... The starplex gose off each week with a big crowd and a great vibe of support for the lions

which im sure as helped the team through out the season so far ... My question is why other clubs havent tried to talk a leaf out of centrals Book ??? It can only help the team ... And bring more fans to games ...

Topic #2821 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

some other teams concentrate on actually winning more games than they lose... ;-)

Reply #32016 | Report this post

the real truth  
Years ago

thats cause when they play sturt no 1 goes cause their is no point every1 knows who will win and its boring and all the centrals supporters r following them around tryin to find a win...

Reply #32019 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

OHHH i see we have no answer to the real question being asked ... so we go back to the old centrals are shit...well im saying if i was a sturt fan i wouldnt want to go watch them play ... the whole place just had nothing it was dead and plan down boring

Reply #32025 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

To right "truth" this fake truth doesn't know what he talking about. Central's supporters don't need to search for a win, news buddy they already got one, or two, or maybe even three. And just cause there supporters are doing something good for there club, showing there loud and proud of what there team is doing right now. I think it's only a good thing for the league and every person should get out there and show there true colours. No matter what club you support.

Reply #32026 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Ok so where was the blue army the last couple of years? I guess they only jump on board when are starting to look better.

Reply #32035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great call In The Know.

So I guess that the 'Blue Army' will also be out coaching junior teams, fundraising and assisting in the overall development of their club.

And in the next couple of years as the wheels turn. When somebody gets disgruntled that the remaining 12 junior teams can no longer afford to pay for their ABA program. Due to their massive fee rates and relatively low service for those fee's. We will all see you at games still cheering your little hearts out.

No, wait, maybe your right and everybody else is wrong. North and Sturt should be more like Centrals!

Reply #32042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous you idiot. Find out which team spent the least on their ABL program last year compared to anyother club.

Reply #32050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous

It would have been Forestville by a mile.

Reply #32053 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

What the hell are you all talking about this thread has nothing to do with having a go at the junior program of centrals the question was why don't other club's get out there and be focal about there club in a positive way, cheering them on. Like the blue army is doing right now. Maybe your right if centrals stop winning will the fans still be there being focal, probably not but is any other club going to do the same, they don't even do it when there team is winning. You have to give props were props are due, the fact that at this point in time the blue army is the best support group in the league you have to give them that. Instead of having ago at a club that is trying to improve.

Reply #32066 | Report this post

matty  
Years ago

the blue army are doing a lot for the mens team and they are doing really well but for the womens well i think they need a few players to get a better crowd and as for the rest of the clubs get off your asses and start showing some support for your team no matter who they are playing

Reply #32071 | Report this post

sothsayer  
Years ago

people only knock something that they are afraid of and they are afraid of the Blue Army and what it may mean when Centals play them

Reply #32072 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Scared of the blue army? get a life. I guess the 700 odd people that watched the sturt v forestville game the other week were just there because they had nothing to do. So the centrals crowds are getting bigger numbers than that? I doubt it.

Reply #32076 | Report this post

aba interest  
Years ago

The blue army is a great idea. It is bridging the gap between juniors and seniors. How many other clubs have juniors out watching their seniors play??? not many, most spectators to ABA games have nothing to do with juniors.

If you want to spark a resurgence of supporters out on saturday nights to the ABA, the place to start is with the juniors. The really young juniors will go out to school and tell all their friends what a great time they had last saturday and then you get friends coming out - not only increasing spectators out to ABA but increasing interest in basketball in the state.

If you want to improve the state of basketball you have to start small.

Centrals has started the trend, hopefully more clubs will follow.

Reply #32081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if the other clubs had there own cheer squads if they would get bagged the same as what the Blue Army does.
They (The blue Army) are out there to support their club, what is so wrong with that.
From a parents point of view, they arent doing anything wrong (I do agree the slagging off at other players is wrong as well as the refs). They arent on the streets causing trouble, stealing cars, getting into fights.

So why jump on something that is a positive?

Reply #32082 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

aba interest. You obviously don't go to many games at other clubs because there are plenty of kids at other stadiums. I can't beleive that you guys because your senior men are competitive again think that you are the ones leading the way.Did you not read that there was 700 people watching the Fville v Sturt game. They must have all been pensioners.

Reply #32083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no not until after the game then they bail people up in the car park and who knows what else.Its just a bunch of louts(girls and guys) with foul mouths on them who pose as a support team.And what they actually lack in knowledge of the game they make up with their loud mouths. Usually these type of supporters are following collingwood around.

Reply #32084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the, you have a lot frustration. What is up with the big chip on your shoulder. Did you get out of the wrong side of the bed, did your mumma not give you enough attention or could you just not hit a shot when you played div 3s. These are kids let them have their fun and come on here. They dont need you coming on here just to shoot them down.

Reply #32085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous, u can tell it school holidays because of the immature remmarks. Lucky they finish on Sunday and people like you can go back to wear you belong.(in school) People like you are why a lot of people can't be bothered talking on here anymore.You are acting like you are the top club in the state, ha ha.People like you are why the general basketball community have no respect for Centrals.

Reply #32086 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Anyway, back to the topic, I think it is great that the blue army is getting behind their team, but i also question whether it is genuine, or simply jumping on the bandwagon?.?.?

Yes othe clubs may struggle to pull a crowd, not all though, Eastern regularly get several hundred people to their home games (not with the same passion as the Blue Army tho!)

does the Blue Army support the womens as much as the men, or are they simply following the winning team?

Reply #32087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From what I have been told the Blue Army was formed at the start of the season before the men started playing. So the support for the team was done before they started winning games.
And yep they should get behind the girls and start supporting them as well.

Reply #32094 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

I agree that the blue army should get behind the girls like they do the boys but I would find it hard to see them coming up with something to cheer for when there woman get beaten by 80 points every game. And the fact that the strut vs. Forestville game got 700 people. How many times has that happened in the history of the league it's a great feat but it happened once what about the rest of the games they played this season.

Reply #32101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how ur boys do 2nite boot?

Reply #32102 | Report this post

bootleg  
Years ago

Don't know couldn't make it for the game, Why? Were you trying to prove something by that statement?

Reply #32103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously you guys did a greast job last night. Must have been your support that kept it inside a 30 point kicking.

Hopefully you will halt the 3 game losing streak next week.

Reply #32142 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Anyone can be a smart ass when there hiding without putting up a name buddy ... Lions will bounce back when reggie comes back and we will see who gets the last laugh...

Reply #32161 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

"Lions will bounce back when reggie comes back" what about the rest of the central squad? Reggies out so lets just pray we can keep it close?

Centrals do have some great players but u cant tell me that they rely on Reggie to get the WIN. As a squad they will have to replace him as best possbile. Like every other team in the ABL.

Like Dr Dunkenstein said "whether it is genuine, or simply jumping on the bandwagon?.?.?" if it was genuine then the BLUE ARMY would of been formed years ago to help there team to get over the line.

Even if its to jump on the bandwagon its still great for the kids to go out and watch a good game of basketball on sat nights.

Reply #32197 | Report this post

Shoota  
Years ago

I sit with the members of the blue army and they are not all big mouths..i do disagree with the bad mouthing the refs and all but there out there to have some fun and support centrals..I also agree that they should be supporting the womens team a bit more. The womens team have a lot of juniors..and are working really well together. This weeks game against woodville should show some interest.

Reply #32230 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754