JOaRiDrAN
Years ago

Stoudamire : spoiler

After the 10 point loss to Miami Amare storms into the locker room and punches a fire extinguisher case and lasserates his left hand forcing him out of game 3 and potentially the series.
I know the Knicks will probably get swept anyway ( even with Stoudamire ) but imagine if the Knicks were a chance, Stoudamire would be in deep shit.
It only takes minutes to die from a cut artery. A mate of mine slashed his wrist on a beer bottle trying to open it with a lighter ( I know he's a mess ) the Paramedics told him he had 15 minutes of blood in that artery.

Stoudamire was lucky

I'm Brett Mahers book it has a story about Andre Lafleur in a game getting ejected late in the 4th and going to the locker room alone. When the game was over both teams went back to the locker rooms and find Lafleur unconscious and in a pool of blood.
Turns out Lafleur punched the door and slashed his wrist and nearly died.
If he got ejected in the 3rd it couldve been devastating.

Topic #28218 | Report this topic

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

Wasn't LaFleur, it was Mike Mitchell wasn't it?

Reply #360684 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Mike Mitchell.

Didnt punch the door, pushed the door open and put his hand through a small window that had the wire in it.

But good try.

Reply #360686 | Report this post

JOaRiDrAN  
Years ago

Alright dick ^^^^^
after looking at page 70 of Bretts book it states;
Mitchell had stormed from the court to the changerooms, clearly upset by what he perceived as hometown officiating favouring the hawks, Mitchell smashed a steel wire reinforced glass window (door) in anger but in withdrawing his arm suffered horrendous cuts.
This thread was actually stating how serious Stoudamires injury couldve been and I used the Mitchell story off the top of my head, so forgive me I forgot the finer details but you Shouldve known where I was going with it.

But thanks for correcting me.

Reply #360692 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

I'm a Knicks fan and I'm not impressed with this behaviour. It's very costly.

I hope my team can at least win one game in New York rather than cop a sweep.

Reply #360705 | Report this post

Surmdog  
Years ago

Stoudimire hurt his back last playoffs in game 2 on the road in Boston dunking it in warm ups and was useless the rest of the series now this year as well.
Maybe he wanted to take the medias focus off rondo.
Miami to sweep this series and put new York in the record books for most consecutive playoff loses in NBA history at 14

Reply #360719 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

Surmdog: Thanks for that stat on my beloved team.

Reply #360829 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:59 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754