ellard
Years ago

Where will Schenscher end up?

Overseas or NBL?

You could make cases Cairns, GC, Melb, Syd, Gong, 6ers will all consider him in their pursuit of a solid big man.

Surely a man of his age/size/exp could attract euro interest though?

Where will he go and what type of salary could he command?

Topic #28236 | Report this topic

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Cairns - Out of the question. They already have their big an rotation wrapped up.

Kings - Heal isn't a fan of him, never has been. Signed Crosswhite & will go for a import 4 man.

Hawks - Very low chance, they can't offer him the money Townsville did.

I would say he's going overseas.

Reply #360942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a 6er

Reply #360943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you would have to think its out of GC, Melbourne, 36ers or overseas wouldnt you.

Given he has history with Gleeson and is a Adelaide boy, my guess would be Tigers or 36ers if he plays NBL. GC also have more stars signed so probably less cap space.

Hopefully a 36er, would be great to have him back, so hopefully the coaches/management can make it happen, will go along way to getting us back into the playoffs IMO. Schenscher whilst isnt a superstar, seems to be a great contributor, has always been a key player on playoff teams during his NBL career. Was in the top 3 crocs players in last 2 years playoff teams IMO. Give him a similar role and get a true import PG and hopefully that will get us to the playoffs.

Reply #360945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At least in Europe they will be able to pronounce his name properly!

Reply #360947 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

How do you mispronounce "Luke"?

Reply #360953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My Money is on 36ers!!!

Reply #360954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't see the sixers dealing with him again after he screwed them last time to get a better deal in Townsville.

Reply #360956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There were no hard feeling just business..

Reply #360957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is defiantly going to be a 36er next season. Just a matter of when its announced

Reply #360964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha perception perception, he didnt screw the 6ers at all. Please get the facts straight before posting naive comments. But all in the past will be 36er again.

Reply #360971 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

love it how the Anon posters know everything

Reply #360973 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Mystro your name, first or last??

Reply #360976 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

it's the plate on my Cadillac, I use it on every forum I visit and have done for years

Reply #360989 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

melbourne tigers where he loves gleeson

Reply #360991 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Gleeson doesn't know how to use big men.

Reply #360992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually it was the 36ers (Clarke) who withdrew the contract to Schenscher.

Hopefully SOS realise what a coup it would be to have Big Luke playing for the 36ers again it was afterall where he played his best basketball and outplayed eventual league MVP Chris Anstey in 36ers vs Tigers games.

Reply #361003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually come to think of it I think Anstey was MVP in '06 & '08 not '09 but he was still the #1 big man in the league at that point anyway.

Reply #361006 | Report this post

CAMPBELL  
Years ago

I hope the 36ers don't just think signing a few good free agents will solve all our problems.......

Addressing our defense or lack there of must be on the top of the list!!

When signing our imports or Aussie free agents we should be looking at players that can impact the game on the defensive end.... If they can hit a shot, that always helps to.

We desperately need a point guard that can lock down or play negating defense against other teams playmakers, the last 2 seasons we haven't had a point guard that could do this.

In 2010-11 we were terrible on defense..... In 2011-12 it was just flat out humiliating how bad we were.

I'm praying MARTY and the 36ers will be addressing this.

Reply #361018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mark Aiston on Ten News said coming up in the sport section tonight a story about the 36ers possibly pulling off a big signing and they showed footage of Schenscher as the teaser.

Sounds promising!

Reply #361024 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

That was a cop-out.

Schenscher's on the Free Agency...orly

Reply #361029 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Is it just me or does he appear to be just someone who chases money wherever it is and doesn't have much loyalty?
Every year he appears to be a big player in the free agent market. Turns his back on his current team, chases the dollars overseas realises it isn't there, tests the waters in Aus, then makes his decision.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be very happy to have him back and would be awesome to run a Johnson, Schenscher and Ballinger big rotation.

If we got him, I'd want to offer him a 3 year deal with minimal out clauses to try lock him away. Get him to sign on longish term, not just the 1 year and watch the circus again the next year.

Could be a perfect circle. Schenscher looked elsewhere, which saw us land Johnson. Johnson has now established himself and we get Schenscher back. If Schenscher stayed the first time, we probably wouldn't have gotten Johnson.

Reply #361030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah that was weak. Schensch is expected to be on the FA's list next Wednesday and the 36ers are "ready to pounce".

You'd hope for a bit more meat on the bone than that.

Reply #361031 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

That's the big announcement?

Reply #361034 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More than anyone I hope the big fella lobs back here but he sure has had some bad advice (ie - his agent) over the last few years and as alluded to above is starting to come across as someone who just chases money.

Reply #361037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what if he puts financial security before loyalty. His window of opportunity will close within the next half a dozen years, so let him provide his services to this willing to pay the most money. It's no different to other professions.

Reply #361039 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

INSANE how people are upset a professional would be willing to work within his profession for the highest wage. How dare his agent keep him employed haha People speak about loyalty, loyalty in sports is for season ticket holders in today sports fields. Get off your high horse and welcome to the new century.

Reply #361046 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He has an American agent, who is already probably pissed off that he isn't chasing the bigger euro dollars, so no wonder he is always pressured to take more money.

Stupid decision by Schensch, basketball-wise. He had an offense built around him, getting the first touch on most possessions, with a realistic shot at a title next year.

The only teams with a chance will be Cairns, TSV, and to a greater extent NZ and Perth, as always, so unless he heads to any of those teams (which he won't) he's not going to be winning it all.

Reply #361074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Never had a genuine chance at tsv and never would. That team is content to make profit and finish middle of the pack or slightly better. Adelaide are about to regroup and make a good run at the middle of the pack if say. Good decision for him from a off court stand point. People keep talking about the chase the money thing but dot forget he is an adel boy with family here.

Reply #361076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Like other posters on this thread, i'm pretty confident that an announcement by the sixers is not too far away.

Reply #361187 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:03 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754