G Rudd
Years ago

Crawford re-signs with Crocs for two years

PC resigns for a further two years as a Croc

Topic #28255 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excellent for the Crocs. If he makes the Olympic team will be good for him for next year.

Reply #361430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Always going to happen. Agent wanted a higher price for well deserved Crawf and they meet 1/2 way. Good re-signing. Far better doing it with Hinder.

Reply #361434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pity the club had to try and run his name through mud before realising this is a business and no party can have it all their own way.

Reply #361438 | Report this post

pwned  
Years ago

same IP address?

Reply #361443 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Run his name through mud?

They just said that he was asking for an increase and a longer deal...

This is a good signing, but unfortunately with the signing of Hinder, the Crocs will be relying too much on snagging two superstar imports, one of which has to be a center, which is even harder to find. The club has a huge hole to fill in terms of wings off the bench, as well as a PF who can score inside (Holmes can't).

Also, I don't think people realise that Hinder is far too slow to play PF now, he has no choice but to play center or he will be embarassed on both ends. Moreover, asking him to play more than 15 MPG is asking too much.

PG: Mitch Norton, Import PG, Chris Cedar (I expect him to be retained)
SG: Peter Crawford, GAPING HOLE (Mick Cedar?)
SF: Todd Blanchfield, GAPING HOLE
PF: Jacob Holmes, GAPING HOLE
C: Import C, Ben Allen, Russell Hinder

To be honest, I'd rather the club take a gamble and give the PG keys to Mitch and Chris, and see what happens. They have enormous needs elsewhere that need to be filled by imports.

Unless they sign some significant college talent, or lure someone from Europe, I don't see how this team is coming together. There simply aren't enough NBL free agents to make the Crocs work.

Reply #361445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mick - where do u get your info? Because you're hardly ever right! Don't pretend to be on the inside!

Reply #361447 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I'm about as far from the inside as you could get.

I expect Chris Cedar to be re-signed because he is a young, local product, and therefore a lock.

That is the only prediction I made above, so I don't know what you're alluding to, the rest is opinion.

Reading comprehension issues, anon?

Reply #361449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MG said "I don't think people realise that Hinder is far too slow to play PF now"

when was the last time you saw him run?

Reply #361460 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

pwned, no.

'460, Mick (if I remember correctly) was critical of Hinder's decline before his injury. Would you expect him to be faster now?

Reply #361462 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The last time I saw him run was in 3 preseason games against the Perth Wildcats and Cairns Taipans before this season.

After telling the media he was in the best shape of his career after a game-changing offseason regime, Hinder was absolutely embarassed on the defensive end by everyone he tried to stay in front of. Including Dean Brebner. Yes Dean Brebner. He also looked grossly underweight. He was said to be at all-time health, yet he was moving so awkwardly, frailly and slowly that it looked like his leg would break at any second. The news that he suffered perhaps a career-ending injury came as no surprise to anyone who saw him during those games.

Furthermore, due to Hinder's lack of post moves, he can only make plays from the face up position. This requires speed. On a handful of occasions, Hinder tried a pump-fake and baseline drive from fifteen feet and was so slow going from the pump to putting the ball on the floor that the defense read it a second or two before he even started moving, resulting in a couple of charges and turnovers.

Hinder is far too slow to play PF, and moreover I would also posit that he is too slow to play C in this league.

A leg that broke clean in two is not going to make his 6'10" frame any quicker.

I'm not questioning his strength of character, leadership, or motivation for a second, I'm merely saying that a tall man who just suffered a major injury that could have ended his career, and doesn't have any "veteran tricks" to fall back on on the offensive end is not going to be very effective in a league that is getting faster and tougher every season.

Can we also add to the above that Hinder has absolutely choked in every playoff performance he has put in for the Crocodiles, a fact that he himself will confirm.

Reply #361486 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Crocs have officially confirmed the Crawford signing.

Reply #361523 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I saw him 3 days ago

Reply #361592 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:39 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754